cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Other Seller's Promoted Listings Off My Page?

How can I "Opt Out" of having other seller's listings showing up on my page?  If someone has a short attention span, they might re-direct and never make it back to my listing.

Besides, it craps up my beautiful pages.  Please help!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: How to Get Other Seller's Promoted Listings Off My Page?

You can't.

EBay is selling advertising space. In addition to us eBay sellers they sell space to off-eBay companies. I can only imagine that they are satisfied that they get more income from those ads, with less followup in Disputes, billing etc, than they get from the sellers.

When I look at your listing, there is nothing above your specific listing. (I do use AdBlock Plus).

Immediately below your listing is a row of items I have looked at recently-- none of which have anything to do with your products, then below that a list titled  "People who viewed this item also viewed" which is antique porcelain and china.

Those are from other sellers.

But they don't really interfere with your listing.  Again I use an adblocker, like most sensible people.

I went to another seller's list and got the same effect, but this time the 'items I have looked at recently' included porcelain and china (and an obscene bedsheet - gosh- why?)

When I chose one of those similar items there was a third line which showed other items that seller was listing. So he had three lines under his listing - one for the browser - one of similar items from other sellers- and the last from his own stock.  I have no explanation why he has three sets while your listing has only two.

None of the suggestions took me off -eBay. Again, that may be the adblocker.

I use Promoted Listings and I think it has increased my sales -- but not the way I expected.

I get more views- perhaps from that scroll below other seller's listings- but it is not the Promoted Listings that are selling. My overall sales seem to have gone up since I started using PL, but I have yet to pay out $12 total in increased fees since November when I started.

So those Views seem to turn into browsing which becomes buying.

CAVEAT- Anecdote is not data. I will have to compare  November 2019 through March  2020 with Nov-March 2021  to get a real comparison. (Like most sellers I have had a boost in sales from CONVID home shoppers, so I don't think we can count that.)

Message 2 of 2
latest reply