eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

in reply to bo-bo06
You are right i am agree with your reply
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

For redness, flaking and itching with scaley patches, I tried over the counter "Cortisone Cream" and my face has cleared up!  Hope it works for you, worth a try!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

i have the same issue... i get hot flashes at times out of nowehre as well in the face, im male not female so this concerns me. i have appt with dermatologist but not till july, worried that may be too long

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to akhnaton

Use baby oil.  The oilyness from the baby oil on your face will absorb in 5 minutes; don't use any other oil like emu, jajoba, etc. They do not help.  Or you can use Renew Intensive Skin Therapy Moisturizing Lotion by Melaleuca.  Both absoutely work.  Flakes gone in a few days.

Please use plain text.
gjs585080
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

We have a product that will cure your problem. It is called Aloe Protect Aloe ferox aloe gel. It contains 99% pure Aloe Ferox that is known for it’s soothing and healing properties. It is rich in Amino Acids and minerals, stimulating skin rejuvenation with the effect of a smooth, soft and healthy skin. Used for effective relief of sun and wind burn, cuts, bruises, rash, eczema, acne, insect bites, burn wounds and other skin irritations.  The gel of the African Cape Aloe or Aloe ferox plant, contains 36% more total amino acids and more than 20 times the bitter sap with aloin than it’s counterpart the Aloe Vera plant. It is available on Ebay, look under Aloe Ferox. Our products are paraben free.

Aloe Gel.jpg
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

Hello friends!

The primary reason your skin becomes dry is all about impairment. What happens is that the outer layers of skin lose their ability to maintain normal moisture levels. For the most part, this is due to sun damage and, to some extent, Products with irritating ingredients

he first step is to stop damaging the outer layer of skin by avoiding:

Soaps (all kinds, and anything in bar form)

Harsh cleansing ingredients such as sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate

Products with irritating ingredients (i.e. alcohol, peppermint, menthol, mint, citrus, eucalyptus, fragrance)

Exposure to hot water

Abrasive scrubs (think of the microdermabrasion-at-home type, or those that contain fruit and nut fragments)
Loofahs

The next steps are to give your skin what it needs to act like it did before it was damaged by the sun. Here are some fail-safe tips to help you have beautifully smooth, younger-looking skin:

Wear sunscreen daily - chemical free products ex( Little Innoscents Sunscreen SPF 30)

Use state-of-the-art moisturizers (serums, gels, lotions, creams, anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, firming, etc. are all just "moisturizers")

For very dry skin, use pure plant oils such as olive oil or jojoba seed oil, applied after your moisturizer over dry areas

Never use products that contain drying or irritating ingredients.

To find chemical-free products, read labels, research ingredients and read as many skin care product reviews as possible.

Here's a link to a site with unbiased reviews of chemical-free and organic skin care.http://www.green-mandarine.com.au/

GOOD LUCK!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93
I had the same problem... what I used to stop the peeling is Skin Care Cold Cream.... put it on twice a day and it helps really good!!!♡♥♡♥
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

Go to a dermatologist it may be seborrheic dermatitis...there is a shampoo you put on your face that will get rid of it instantly!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

I have had this same problem by my nose and I found that I had to stop washing my face with the regular acne cleanse.

Solutions:

Take shorter showers

Drink more water

Try skin moisturizer (Lotions do not help)

Mainly though stay moisturized!!! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marlowwl

Does it have cortisone in it?  I refuse anything with coritsone since your skin will be totally dependent on it and then it is hard to get off of it.  It can be damaging in the end.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

I have the same issue and have gone to the dermotologist a bunch of times.  He gave me cortisone.  Look at the research and it will tell you that you can not go on cortisone long term or your skin will be dependent on it.  It is just a temporary cure.  The sad situation is the dermotologist will try to give you a quick cure but  many times it will come right back.  I am refusing anything with cortisone.  I am currently trying to put vitamin E oil on it.  Also have tried vasciline. I wish there was a natural cure without all these chemicals that can do you more harm than good.  They have yet to come up with cures for terminal skin problems. Another issue is our water has too much chlorine in it so when you shower, it could be effecting your scalp and skin.  I even put a filter on my shower head to get rid of the chlorine.  I think my hair is softer but I still get those rashes on my eyelids. 

Wishing for a miracle cure.

Please use plain text.
angelove239
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

try using whole leaf aloe vera to clean up the peeling,,it makes skin smooth as a newborns!

good luck!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

I was also suffering from the same problem. My friend recommend me a peel treatment that effect  really effected my skin well. i am happy to take this step with Hills Medi spa sydney. They offered me  discounted  facial peel that really helped me. Actually there is many treatment to get rid of skin peel but most effective is Facial Peel with Photonlite LED.  look at more exciting offers at http://hillsmedispa.com.au/specials/ . 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

I'm having the same issue.  Mine started with adult acne....a zit that I would pick...then peel.  Then the peeling/picking developed from that point due to a time of stress in my life.  Now, if I leave it alone, it clears up for a while and then I will notice a rough place or a piece of skin is lifting up...I will scratch and knock it off and then the whole process begins again.  I don't know how to stop it.  Additionally, I have rough feeling skin all over my face which I know is extremely dry skin.  I used hydrating creams and it helps.  I have a fish scales on my lower legs which are bad in winter..it's called ichthyosis.  I wonder if that is getting on my face.  I've been to a derm and he said basically, quit stirring it up and see what happens.  That was useful. NOT.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

I was also suffered this problem. My friend recommend me a peel treatment that effect my skin allot 

actually there is many treatment for get rid of skin peel but most effective is Green peel and chemical peel skin treatment but have their own advantages

You should take one of them 

Chemical Skin Peels Treatment in Pakistan |Green Peels Skin Treatment in Pakistan|

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

i had this,dandruff shampoo does keep it at bay.Its yeast,the same thing that causes dandruff.Ha ve you heard anything from doctor on how to rid this?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

My daughter buys her face products at this website http://www.youravon.com/skylinebeauty  for she has blackheads bad but she bought their product for that and seems to work great for her you can try that. Oh she has to use internet explorer to get to the site good luck hope this helps 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

May I suggest using one of my scrubs. They helped my daughter. You can contact me for more details.

Please use plain text.
guuky
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

what I would suggest is a shower lotion/body butter bar. It will combat the drying effect hot water is having on your skin in shower.

Typically, at end of your shower - you turn water off - then apply lotion/body butter bar - then rinse off. Your skin should feel soft and hydrated and I would be curious if the peeling skin continued after using that product.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sunlotions93

I found this thread last week because I was having the same problem.  

Someone here mentioned they had been using olive oil (but their dogs thought they were a salad haha), but that seemed like a better choice than the lotions I had been applying literally 10 times a day with no result.  

My partner had a small tin of "Tattoo Goo", and when I looked at the ingredients they read:

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavender Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rosemary Extract, D&C Green 6

I thought it was worth a shot, and tried applying it to my peeling areas.  The relief was almost instant and almost immediately the dry, tight feeling on my skin that the lotion wasn't touching went away.  I kept at it, whenever I felt it start to wear off I reapplied a small amount.  I've been using it for about 3 days in a row now.

It's working.  There is no better way to say it.  The peeling has stopped and my skin is starting to heal.  I still have the discoloration where the patches were, and if I forget to reapply they start to dry out again, but I am hoping with continued use this will stop.

I wanted to list the ingredients because I'm sure many health food stores have a similar product.  The consistency is something like vapo-rub and it stays on for several hours before finally wearing off.

The only downside is I am oily, and in the light my face shines.  I am 100% okay with this, since the alternative would be peeling.

This might not work for everyone, but this thread really helped put me on the right track, so I wanted to share :smileyhappy:

Good luck and thank you to everyone on this forum who shared their story!  It was great to not feel alone.

Please use plain text.