cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

The skin on my face just above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, and on my cheek area just next to both sides of my nose peels, never ending.

I do have blackheads in this area, so that my be part of the problem. It my be the oil bothering my skin. Cleaning the skin in this area just makes in worse.

Anyone have this problem and know a solution?
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

cassivia
Enthusiast
I see so many people who dont use the proper skin care and have this problem with there skin. 99% of skincare and cosmetics over the counter contain mineral oils and animal byproducts which dry out and damage our skin. I sell products that would definately benefit your issue. I have clients who say there dermotoligists reccommended they use my products. They have been dermotoligist and pedeatrician approved. My products are all free of animal products, byproducts and mineral oils. They are gluten free and vegan approved. Sounds to me like a very gental exfoliant and proper moisturizing skincare regimen is what you need. Feel free to contact me for more info cassivia12@yahoo.com
Message 31 of 73
latest reply

elfeggo
Enthusiast
The skin on my face just above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, and on my cheek area just next to both sides of my nose peels, never ending.

I do have blackheads in this area, so that my be part of the problem. It my be the oil bothering my skin. Cleaning the skin in this area just makes in worse.

sun... my wife does. It's a form of sebhorric dermatitis, and you can get an ointment from your doctor for it. Hers is something generic called "clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate cream". She uses a tiny amount twice a day in the affected places & as long as she uses it regularly, the problem disappears.

She said to tell you she swears by it, and to ask your doctor about it. It's an antifungal, and it lasts a LONG time, cause you use it sparingly.

Also, her doctor told her to only wash her face with DOVE soap. It doesn't leave any residue behind & it really helps. Don't scrub. Just wash.

She sends her regards & sympathy, becuz she knows how irritating it is. I've watched her, pre-treatment, scratch & cry because it itched so bad.

Oh... and she also says leave the blackheads alone (no popping them), just wash with the dove, use a mild astringent on a cotton ball to wipe them, then use the lotion.

Just our 2 cents. 🙂
Message 32 of 73
latest reply

OP, use cold process hand made soap. I'm sure you can find it in your area or look online.
Message 33 of 73
latest reply

tweetybaby4609
Enthusiast
My face does the same thing - my forehead, in between my eyebrows and cheeks and nose . Constant redness . Constant layers of skin peeling .
Message 34 of 73
latest reply

I am 48 and have oily skin, and I also have this problem (peeling on sides of nose, flakes at times) but only in the winter. Started when I was about 38. My sister has it and my BFF too. She (sister) swore by the Mary Kay 3 steps, but her skin is dry, not oily like mine. Once Spring hits the flaking stops.YAY IT'S SPRING NOW! I think it's a combination of my age and the weather. In the winter I use an oil free moisturizer and that keep the flakes at bay as long as I'm diligent using it. I also use a liquid foundation in the winter, then back to Bare Escentuals in the summer. In the summer I'm oilier than all get out.
Nothing worse than having dry skin on the outside yet oily underneath. I haven't found a perfect product for that yet.
Message 35 of 73
latest reply

viwanton
Thrill-Seeker
You don't say what you are washing your face with.
Message 36 of 73
latest reply

meshech464k
Enthusiast

I used noxzema on my skin. I let it set overnight than I wash it off. It works well for me.
Message 37 of 73
latest reply

sonofdaniel09
Enthusiast

If you find out a remedy because I'm experiencing the EXACT same symptoms .....flaking peeling above the eyebrows IN the eyebrows sides of my nose and most recently under my chin .....if i wash or scrub the dead skin away im left with red RAW puffy skin (and Im an African American) ....I have no blackheads and only wash my face with cold water.......im planning to see a Dermatologist this week but if you have found any answeres prior to that time please advise
Message 38 of 73
latest reply

as for Rosecea:

I saw back in page one that some one had the laser treatment for it and the veins came back.

I had severe rosecea but no veins ( not that i could see)

I had the laser done twice ( two rounds at about $2000 a pop)-each round was 5 treatments w/ microderm and facials between the visits)

I still have occasional flare ups but it was the best money I ever spent in my life---

I used to turn sooo red people thought I was having a stroke
it was HORRIBLE and uncontrollable.
a better place
Message 39 of 73
latest reply

You might want to try "emu oil". I work with industrial solvents which leaves my skin dry and flaky sometimes especially my hands and face. I have tried many skin conditioners and have found that the emu oil is the best. Everything everyone says about it I have found to be true.

There is a seller on ebay where I got mine. Her product is 100% pure and not very expensive. I'm not sure I can name her store on these forums but you can email me and I will give you the name.

It goes on a bit oily at first, you have to rub it in good but it sinks in in quickly.

I even use it to soften dry flaky skin on my feet.

Good luck, hope you are better 😃
Message 40 of 73
latest reply

epex20010
Enthusiast
Hi I am sorry to here about your problem, well one thing that might be useful is Saffron. It helps Dry skin and infections that you might have. I suggest you give it a try, it can be a saffron tea or tablets.
GoodChoiceMall on ebay
Message 41 of 73
latest reply

epex20010
Enthusiast
I sent you a message, hope it will be helpful.
GoodChoiceMall on ebay
Message 42 of 73
latest reply

Most skin problems are caused because something is wrong with your liver... I would suggest getting a daily liver cleanse product. If this doesn't help than go to a doctor and have some tests done to make sure there isn't something more serious going on with the liver.
Message 43 of 73
latest reply

alexis.jarae
Enthusiast

I have a similar issue of tiny flakes on and around my nose and in my eyebrow area.  I tend to just not touch my face at all with anything because if I do, and wash it and treat it how I like, my face becomes extremely shiny and oily.  My face will be fine at first, but as soon as I rub my nose or drag a nail anywhere near a trouble spot, the flakes spring up and refuse to leave.  It's almost like my face is renewing faster than it can shed off the old layer.  I don't really get pimples or anything often but the flake issue is never ending once I touch it. If you find a solution, please post it.

Message 44 of 73
latest reply

akhnaton
Enthusiast

Have tried DOVE soap for 2 months. No difference.

Tom Joy

Message 45 of 73
latest reply