cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Feedback Issue

I received a negative feedback "comment" but did not receive negative feedback.  I contacted the person who left it and she said she did not leave that comment, in fact left me a 5 star review.  I still have 100% positive feedback but I want the comment removed.  What to do?  

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Strange Feedback Issue

Not sure why she is denying leaving the feedback, is her statement accurate? I'm assuming that you didn't cancel the transaction.

In any case, you can respectfully ask her to revise the comment from the link on this page if you think it's worth it: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

Otherwise, you might just want to reply with a comment like;  "Never knew there was a problem, no contact".

Strange Feedback Issue

@thevintagewindow 

This is odd. You can request a feedback revision. 

Here is what it states on eBay's help page:

When you send a feedback revision request to a buyer, we’ll send them an email with all the details.

The buyer then has 10 days to either:

• Revise the feedback: If the buyer accepts the request, we’ll guide them through the process of changing their rating and comment. When they revise feedback, their original comments will no longer be visible on eBay.
  • Decline the request: If the buyer declines the request, they can choose whether to share their reasoning with you.

If the buyer hasn’t taken any action after 7 days, we’ll send a reminder. If the buyer still hasn’t responded after 10 days, the revision request will expire. Remember, even disappointing feedback is just one person’s opinion and won’t affect your seller performance.

Here is the link to do that:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

If this doesn't work for you. The feedback will eventually get removed by eBay, because you can't leave a positive feedback with a negative comment. 

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

Thank you, I tried the request route but in says that I don't have any negative feedback...which is true. 

Can they just delete that?  Of course it has to be the very first one on my page and if people look at it they have no idea what's going on, it just looks bad.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@thevintagewindow 

This exact samething happend to my friend here about three months ago and eBay just removed it one day, no notice, no message. A few days later they sent a message stating that they removed the feedback because it was a positive feedback with a negative comment. 

This is why you don't see sellers leaving a positive feedback rating with a negative comment. Back when eBay first announced that sellers could not leave negative feedback for buyers. A lot of sellers tried doing this back then and eBay removed all of those feedbacks. They sent sellers messages letting them know this was not allowed and if continued there could be actions against your account.

I am embarassed to say I was one of those sellers that tried that. I had a buyer received the item I sent and they left a positive feedback, but stated that I didn't listen to the way they wanted it shipped. They never asked me to ship it a certain way. So, me not being able to leave a negative feedback, I left a positive feedback, with a negative comment and eBay removed my feedback and warned me. 

The next few weeks they removed the feedback that the buyer left for me. 

I know it looks bad and I am like you, I would want it removed too immediately. It won't happen quickly, but, it eventually get taken off. Just be patient. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@thevintagewindow 

I just stumpled on eBay diary where I used to document any issues I had here and this is called a false positive. I show that I had two of these in the past. 

The second one I contacted eBay and had them read the feedback and they removed the comments and letf teh psoitive feedback mark within 24 hours. 

I recommend contacting eBay again and specifically tell the CSR to read the comment and mention to them false positives are against eBay's ploicy. They should remove it after reading it. 

I have not had any problems using email and asking for a call back. I also used the Facebook option one time and asked for a call back and a CSR called me. Also, you need to make sure that when you use the call back that it is during eBay's normal working hours in CA.

You can send an email message to eBay. Not sure if email is working. It is hit and miss due to COVID-19. I just used it on Aug 11, 2020 and got a reply and solution to a problem I found here on eBay. I was shocked. I used it again on Aug 26, 2020 and got a call and they took care of an eBay issue. 

Here is the link: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/contacting-ebay-customer-service/contacting-ebay-customer-service?... 

The email option is at the bottom of the link.  Or you can reach out to customer service using social media: 

eBay on Facebook

eBay on Twitter 

https://www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness

Social media worked for me. I received an answer and resolution to my issue fairly quickly.  The CSR ended up calling me. It wouldn't hurt to leave a contact number.   Since you are a seller, use the business link first.

You can also try to get phone support by visiting any help topic page, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the call back option.  Click on the option and you should get a message that you will get a call back with the estimated time.

Be advised that this option is not available 24/7. If you try a time that is not eBay’s normal business hours the option may not be there or your call back will be take longer. I recommend trying this option in the morning time.

Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@japan-treazures  @thevintagewindow   It's always been my understanding that ebay will remove the negative comment in a positive feedback only when it's left for a buyer. That is also when it's a policy violation.

A buyer can unfortunately say whatever they want in a positive feedback.    I hope I am wrong and the OP can get their feedback revised or at least the comment removed.

The OP could follow up with a reply to the comment but personally I wouldn't since it's a positive feedback as it will just make it stand out more.

Only neutral and negative feedbacks can be revised using a feedback revision request that's why the request that the OP sent did not work.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

@thevintagewindow 

All, I know is that this happened to me many years ago and eBay removed the comments and left only the positive remark. Can't remember if it was when I was a seller or buyer. 

Good point though. I will have to pay attention to this subject more. Couldn't find anything on eBay's help pages. If it means that much to thevinatgewindow, I would say it wouldn't hurt to contact eBay, worst case senerio they can do is say no. You never know until you ask. 

After thinking about it, I do agree with you, OP should may be not reply to the feedback as it would draw unnecessay attention to it. 

Thanks for the info,  appreciate the further knowledge!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@japan-treazures   I should correct myself... a buyer can't say "whatever they want"  there are some things a buyer can't say that would result in the feedback being removed.  

The feedback that was left though could be viewed as the buyers opinion by ebay. 

You're right that it doesn't hurt to ask again.  You never know the OP might get lucky.   

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

Thank you for all your help!  I just reached out on Facebook eBay page, hopefully I'll get a response. -Mary

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@thevintagewindow 

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

Congrats! It looks as though eBay removed the comment and left the positive! 

I was pretty sure eBay would remove it. 

It is always good to ask! glad this worked out for you.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

@japan-treazures. Thanks for letting me know.  That's good news!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Strange Feedback Issue

Thank you so much for your feedback with my negative comment feedback issue.  Ebay did indeed, delete the comment and left the positive feedback.  So all is well!

Thank you so much again

Message 13 of 13
latest reply