cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the size in my listings!?!

All of a sudden, eBay has obliterated the size on most of my clothing listings! Are they going to fix this? If so, when? No wonder my sales just dropped off all of a sudden!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: What happened to the size in my listings!?!

Someone else asked about the sizes being absent on searches this morning here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/Clothing-Sizes/m-p/30326540#M101990

According to the reply, eBay was made aware of the problem & is working on it.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I called Ebay this morning as all my sizes in the Required Section were gone also..only showing in the Recommended section. 

I was told it was due to the shuffling Item Specifics around... adding & removing things & I would have to edit it back in 1 at a time!    I was totally in compliance with the Requireds when I went to bed last night.

I spent the day editing...150 so far..lots more to go..not happy.  Cat Sad

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Interesting. I got on the phone too, and was told that eBay would be fixing the problems and I should not worry. So, I have held off on editing overy 1,000 listings BY effing hand! If I thought their changes were any good, I wouldn't be so mad, but if you look at the "new and improved" listing form, you will see that a ton of stuff is just STUPID and inconsistent. I hate eBay for doing this! I have resisted the urge to find another platform for my things, but this may just be the LAST STRAW!

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

This is INSANE!!  At least it explains why I have practically zero views and sales....

And going through and editing every single listing one at a time.....this is going to take forever.

AND they have also made certain Item Specifics MANDATORY.  Meaning, when I go in to edit to add the size it is now also requiring me to enter Length for dresses.  That is ridiculous.  That completely depends on the body of the individual woman!  I give length measurements within the description and that is far more accurate.  I can't edit the size without entering SOMETHING for length so I'm stuck putting something generic like Regular. 

Wonder how much my generic entries are going to lower my items in Search.....

Sigh, why can't they just leave everything alone fir a while?!

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

The announcements area says the issue is resolved, but my listings are still missing size and other item particulars that I painstakingly put in. Very frustrating. And, on the live site (as opposed to in Seller Hub) I see that you still cannot filter by size for most clothing and for all shoes. Who do they think is going to shop like this?

No one! I have only made ONE sale today and Tuesday is usually one of my best days. Ebay sucks!

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

This is what happens when you put people who don't know anything about selling clothing in charge of making listing forms for clothing. Then add in some inept technical folks a voila! No sales!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Hi there!!

You're telling me?? This afternoon, I was starting to look for rompers under "Baby and Toddler Clothing".  It has always been divided into "Boys Clothing", "Girls Clothing", "Unisex Clothing", etc.  And in each of those categories, there was a size option on the size, so like if you checked a box, it would say "2T" for size 2T, or "3T" for size 3T, and so forth. Today, there was nothing. The sizes had completely disappeared. I know they were doing some changes to EBay because some of the things I had bought on EBay and paid for already had transaction numbers added to them like 37-20848-22, in that kind of order. I do not believe that Ebay wants me to look at items without any sizes. I DO NOT want to be looking at 800,000 auctions trying to see if there is a romper or a couple of rompers that I want. I am not going to look at Ebay for 18 hours to find stuff. And the same thing goes for longalls, jon jons, and shortalls. No wonder some parents are going to Facebook to sell their clothes.  I belong to several Facebook children's clothing resell groups (mostly in boutique children's clothing like smocked longalls and jon jons), and I'm not surprised people are ditching Ebay to sell there instead. I have been on Ebay for 17 years and more actually. I have one negative from 16 years ago and have had none since then (I have 1,228 positive feedbacks). This is how EBay treats their loyal customers / buyers?? That's what I get? Haven't they ever heard of the expression "Don't fix it if it ain't broken??". I have higher functioning Classic Autism (a developmental disability) and even though I am disabled, I am not stupid by any means, in fact, quite smart, and I would have never done what Ebay is doing. Are they trying to alienate us, or what?? They shouldn't be fixing stuff that isn't broken. They better go and change it back to what it was before where I could search for sizes, because as I said, I am NOT searching hundreds of thousands of auctions to look for something. It was bad enough the way it was before this happened. I hope this problem gets resolved for all of us - including myself. Gah. - Codi D. from Northern California (wanting to move to Upstate South Carolina)

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Hi again.....

Also another thing to be noted, when you call for customer help on EBay, they send you to a call center in the Phillipines. I called up the customer help line and ended up talking to a lady in the Phillipines that had no idea what my problem was - I had to explain to her 3 or 4 times to actually make her understand what my problem was. She didn't speak the best English (and I'll give her a break because she is from the Phillipines), but she was pretty much unable to help me even when she realized what my problem was. And she didn't know what a longall, or a romper, or a jon jon was, either. Then again, I'll give her a break too because most people outside of the South like Alabama, Georgia, or South Carolina have no clue on Earth what a longall or a jon jon even is (including parents of young children). I doubt most parents of young children in California even have a clue what those things are. (In case you are wondering, they (longalls) are like fancy overalls that are often smocked in the front, and they have buttons on the shoulders, and usually go with peter pan collar shirts and knee socks, sometimes T-strap shoes too. It's big in the South, but unheard of in California). Back to what I was saying, I described my problem finding the size option and she didn't realize what I was talking about until I repeated myself 3 or 4 times. She thought I was trying to sell an item, instead of buying an item. I notice most companies moving their call centers offshore out of country. Back in 2016 when my parents and I were traveling in North Carolina, we called Delta Airlines because we wanted to get a plane directly from Charlotte NC to Salt Lake City Utah and back to San Jose, CA (where I am from). Our flight was actually from Charlotte to Minneapolis / St. Paul to Salt Lake and back to San Jose. My parents called the Delta Airlines number and ended up talking to a call center in the Phillipines. It was making my ears cringe every time I heard the representative say "so you want to change your flight from SHAR-LOT, to Salt Lake City". It's pronounced as "Shar-lette", not "Shar-LOT". My ear cringed every time I heard her say that. At any rate, she then tried booked us to Salt Lake directly from Charlotte, but made so many mistakes and messed up our seat arrangements and all sorts of things that my parents ended up calling the Salt Lake City office and talking to a manager there. We decided to revert back to our original plan of Charlotte to Minneapolis to Salt Lake instead of directly from Charlotte to Salt Lake (City). We need to bring our businesses back home and have people into the USA work in call centers!! Take care - Codi D.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Size still missing here also...gonna be another long day. Cat Sad

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Tell me about it! I was working on it until 9 pm yesterday. What a fun evening!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Same here. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I sold exactly NOTHING today. Thank you e(LAME)Bay! And I have spent ALL DAY fixing my listings which were perfectly in compliance until you decided to break everything in the clothing, shoes, and accessories department. I only have about 1000 more listings to fix. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't know if this is worse than when you lost all of our photos, but this is quite up there! 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Latest info on this issue: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Update-Technical-issues-reported-in-Seller-Hub-and-listi...

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 15 of 25
latest reply