cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales in June 2018

Sales are more slow this year especially in June 2018. Is that normal or is it because ebay is using a different algorithm?

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Slow Sales in June 2018

The search is faulty and unreliable, and potential sellers give up in frustration.

Message 46 of 58
latest reply

What is going on?  I have never seen anything like this?  We all work hard putting time and energy into this with such disappointing results.  The more "big business" gets involved we, the little people aka small business owners keep getting pushed out with little if any help from the Corporate Monster".  It used to be to sell, communicate with your customers with positive results.  What's happening?  What is causing the "slowdown"? Anyone?  I would like to see what others have to say regarding the changes...thanks, M

Message 47 of 58
latest reply

I agree, my sales are very down. Ebay keeps sending emails to lower my prices to inspire buyers to purchase my items being watched, but there is a limit to how much I can keep reducing my prices. There has to be some kind of profit or I might as well give them away.

I have had sales but nowhere near the numbers from this time last year. Sales have steadily declined on a monthly basis. 

So, slow sales in June, 2018 is now becoming slow sales of summer, 2018.

Message 48 of 58
latest reply

I hear ya'...in fact, I find it quite frustrating.  When you consider the time, energy and money minus eBay's  and Paypal's cut what's left?  Shipping costs continue to rise and I rarely see any incentives or deals for sellers from eBay.  My friends working at our local post office told me that the smaller businesses are paying the postal increases while eBay compensates the "corporate world".  Perhaps it is time to form our own seller's organization-lol no, but seriously??? What's a gal to do...M

Message 49 of 58
latest reply

Hi to everyone out there who have had zero sales since June 22.

its been almost 4 months and have sold only 6 items

@mrrufusandmsladya wrote:

Seems like everytime ebay changes things the sale drop off like dead flies.  I was doing 10-20 packages a day, the last 3 days I have had 2 packages a day.  Why can't they leave things alone....This is NOT Amazon and they will never become Amazon.  I usually do between 2K-4K a month, I will be lucky if I hit $1500.00 this month.    This new FREE RETURNS is bull **bleep**.  Why does ebay always go against their sellers to help out the buyers.  If they didn't have the sellers there wouldn't be a ebay.  Must be those top idiots that are running ebay.  I think they need to go back to School 101.   Frustrated  is an understatement.

Have listed during this period 150 items and 6 items sold.

i have a Store, I offer free next day post, 30day full refund if not fully satisfied, have 100% positive feedback since 2008, and a power seller.

I have contacted ebay australia, they say they checked my listings everything all looks good.

They also say it could be due to the climat condtions, they also said everyone is suffering since Amazon started in Australia.

NOW HERE COMES THE CLINTCH.

Has anyone had the same problems since June 22.

Message 50 of 58
latest reply

I had the slowest summer. All winter and spring, I was shipping items almost every day. This summer brought me zero buyers. Sorry that I have no input as to why. But now that it's September, I'm not relisting anything "summery" and I'm going to focus on creating new listing that look fall-ish and even include the word "fall" in the items' titles to see if that helps. I sell women's apparel and accessories so I am trying to get into the minds of my buyers and think about what keywords they might put into the search bar. Good luck.
Message 51 of 58
latest reply

I had the slowest summer. All winter and spring, I was shipping items almost every day. This summer brought me zero buyers. Sorry that I have no input as to why. But now that it's September, I'm not relisting anything "summery" and I'm going to focus on creating new listing that look fall-ish and even include the word "fall" in the items' titles to see if that helps. I sell women's apparel and accessories so I am trying to get into the minds of my buyers and think about what keywords they might put into the search bar. Good luck.

Message 52 of 58
latest reply

I totally agree that paying for listings is unnecessary! But keep checking back on the free 100 listings, some months they give it and some months they don't. I got some in September!
Message 53 of 58
latest reply

I totally agree that paying for listings is unnecessary! But keep checking back on the free 100 listings, some months they give it and some months they don't. I got some in September!

Message 54 of 58
latest reply

Yes.. since june 2018

Message 55 of 58
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales are really really bad for me too. It seems this is everywhere. Don't have a clue what's going on. Usually I do at least 1K per month and now it's really bad..

Message 56 of 58
latest reply

Sales crashed in last few days, will devestate the business and will have to stop before risking restocking.  Will have to make proper effort to research other platforms now.  This has happened a few times over the last few years.  Ebay is becoming unreliable as they try to get more clever, clever.  Latest change to automatically issue free postage label with every 'not as described' complaint will kill off many small shops - especially with the forced stock photos in the ever expanding catalog system rolling out further (what the hell is that all about?).  Everything about the constant changes and tinkering and this persistent atitude that the sellers are some kind of nasty enemy to be supressed and defeated makes it difficult to keep going.  Ebay forgets one basic elementary fact, buyers only exist if there are sellers, and they make their money form the sellers.  A new platform (Aliexpress variant?) will look after the buyers better and we will be gone.  And no eBay, we will not simply list on both because you are far to much work for the return, especially when we suddenly end up with no sales like now.

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

I am also considering other platforms for selling. Sales on ebay are no longer consistent or reliable and I haven't done anything different, except drastically reduce prices. If I post a markdown event then I get some sales, but again, deep discount leaves very little profit.

Message 58 of 58
latest reply