cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for authenticate Hermes scarf

IMG_3675.jpeg

IMG_3676.jpeg

Dear team,

I recently bought this Hermes scarf but not sure about its authenticity because it has no tag and title just have a Hermes Paris and hand rolled stitch.

thanks for your help.

IMG_3672.jpeg

IMG_3673.jpeg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Request for authenticate Hermes scarf

This post should probably be in the Buyer's forum.  
But what is your question?  I see that you are unsure about the authenticity of an item you already bought, when you could have asked the seller any questions you had before buying.  And I don't even see a question mark in this post of yours. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You need to take this to the Fashion board.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

You need to take this to the Fashion board.

When you say the 'Fashion board' do you mean Clothing Shoes & Accessories?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Clothing-Shoes-Accessories/ct-p/1100002371

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

One more thing -You post starts 'Dear team.'  In case you didn't know, you are not writing to eBay employees when you post on these forums.  It is just a place where buyers and sellers ask and answer questions to the best of their abilities.  No one here can perform any tasks that you need to have done on the platform. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, I will learn from that. Because I am new in here.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@visoth007  It looks fine to me - edges are good and the print is precise.  Not having the care and/or content tag is no big deal - they can come off and are sewn on lightly to be removed if desired. Fake Hermes will often have sloppy printing - real Hermes' prints are crisp and perfect.

However, it pays to double check. You can ID the scarf here. More information on Hermes scarves here.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@*vanessa*loredano* is the Hermes scarf expert. 

Maybe she'll stop by.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

"Thanks, I will learn from that. Because I am new in here."

You didnt do anything wrong, in fact you did the right thing coming to this board for advice as was suggested.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thank you very much for your kindness. Always help! Really appreciated.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Sigh... I can't confirm an artist or a release date for this scarf... However, a contrast color hand-sewn border is an expensive and difficult thing to do, so I can't envision that a counterfeit would do that.

My conclusion? This is an older (90s or before) scarf that was one of their weird variations on their usual way of production. Hermes is know to do this.

Missing tags are normal - many of us hack them off the second we get our scarf because they bother us when we wear them. Never let that be a deterrent from buying a scarf!

regards to all,

Vanessa

Message 13 of 13
latest reply