cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Authenticate this Gucci Belt #2

Hello again!

Could you please authenticate this second Gucci belt? Also, any information regarding its age (vintage/year) or type would be helpful! Thanks in advance!!!

IMG_2064.jpgIMG_2066.jpgIMG_2067.jpgIMG_2068.jpgIMG_2069.jpgIMG_2070.jpgIMG_2077.jpgIMG_2080.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please Authenticate this Gucci Belt #2

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing too many problems with this (as well as the other one) to be anything but fake. That is not Gucci quality leather or stitching (regardless of age/wear) and should have a fine suede finish on the inside.

The Gucci stamp is wrong (missing ®), with the wrong number of digits, misaligned numbers & on the wrong end.

Authentic Gucci stamps are in the middle back (lengthwise) on older models or vertically near the buckle on newer ones.

The buckle is not right either, it's uneven (too thin top & bottom) & with flared ends.

Here are the two styles of interlocking G buckles currently at Gucci (the flatter angular style & the rounded with tapered ends):

Gucci-belts-interlocking-G-2018.jpg

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing too many problems with this (as well as the other one) to be anything but fake. That is not Gucci quality leather or stitching (regardless of age/wear) and should have a fine suede finish on the inside.

The Gucci stamp is wrong (missing ®), with the wrong number of digits, misaligned numbers & on the wrong end.

Authentic Gucci stamps are in the middle back (lengthwise) on older models or vertically near the buckle on newer ones.

The buckle is not right either, it's uneven (too thin top & bottom) & with flared ends.

Here are the two styles of interlocking G buckles currently at Gucci (the flatter angular style & the rounded with tapered ends):

Gucci-belts-interlocking-G-2018.jpg

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Genemaat--

Thank you for going into such detail to help determine the item as a fake. Your expertise is truly appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply