cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Suede Vesty Thing Bonnie Cashin?

There is no label on it.

cashin1.jpgcashin2.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is this Suede Vesty Thing Bonnie Cashin?

Did you look eveywhere including inside the pockets? There should be a label somewhere, or at least some kind of indication where a label might have once been sewn in, unless the lining has been replaced.

BC designed for a lot of different companies but it seems like they would have always put their labels inside if she was actually the designer, her name would have been a big selling point. Cute vest, though, whoever made it. Wait for a vintage clothing expert to take a look.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Agree cool piece and certainly from her period and I could see that as a BC piece but that doesn’t mean diddley without a label so why not try contacting the Bonnie Cashin Foundation (I think they’re still around) and see if you can get any info. 

If if not, you still have a very nice seemingly vintage suede shirt- jacket to list with turn lock closures.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@blazebird -

Coincidentally, someone found a Bonnie Cashin jacket and posted about it on another purse type forum. Although her pictures didn't show the label, she said she found it "sewn on an inner seam, the seam that connects the front and back panel. There's also a label near the mouth of the pocket!"

Perhaps you might find a hidden label in one of the same places.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It sure looks like Bonnie Cashin and appears to be in very good condition, especially for suede!   Bonnie Cashin is one of my fav vintage designers.  I think it was mentioned in another post about the Bonnie Cashin Foundation, so maybe if you inquire with them they could confirm for you.  I myself would be afraid to use the name w/o the label to prove it.  Diehards such as myself may not agree if sold w/o the label.  It is a jacket and not a vest, and it is beautiful!  I had the link bookmarked, but, I've lost a lot when my son upgraded my pc 😞

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Certain elements of this jacket look like Bonnie Cashin, yet it seems a little busy to be her styling.

Can you post a closeup of the turnlock? From afar it looks a bit elongated to the shape of a BC turnlock.

I'm not sure if the Bonne Cashon Foundation is still around, pls post back here if you hear from them. I contacted them several times a few years ago about a coat I had and I never heard back from them.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's certainly BONNIE CASHIN inspired.   But doesn't appear to have the ease of her designs and I'd be suspicious of that 1970-ish collar.  

Debora

Message 7 of 7
latest reply