cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Dior authentic?

Hello.

I recently found a Christian Dior jacket and I have questions.

Mainly, is it real????? and if so, what era?

My main concern is that there is an inside tag with a RN number (rn 54050).

When I searched the number in the RN database, it came up belonging to Kapser.

I will enclose some pictures in the link and I am so grateful for any information proving it is or it isn't.

xoxoxoxoxox

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is this Dior authentic?

jacketGREENmintDIORx.jpgjacketGREENmintDIORx (2).jpgjacketGREENmintDIORx (1).jpg

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's a licensed DIOR product, manufactured by Kasper.  Would have had a matching skirt.  Does it have shoulder pads?  Since it's made in the U.S.A., like 1980s-ish when many, many licensed DIOR products were being produced.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Agree but IMO no need to mention license, suit or Kasper. That info devalues the jacket significantly and there is no legal reason for you to disclose that info anymore than Kasper did. They legally had to put the  RN and nothing more. You have a vintage Christian Dior jacket but you must clearly show both sides of all tags including the RN and made in the US. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I disagree.  Your jacket has nothing to do with the French design house.  DIOR sold its name to a U.S. company that designed and manufactured your jacket.  IMHO, it would be a misrepresentation of your item to not disclose that fact to potential buyers.  And speaking generally...  Why would an honorable eBay seller not disclose that fact?  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sorry but I stand by my post. That jacket is legally Christian Dior whether you or anyone else likes that fact or not and nothing more needs to be said about it other than what I posted. 

IMO it is totally out of line for any ebayer to tell another what they need to disclose on their item. Funny, I didn’t see a Kasper for Christian Dior label in it. The house of Dior was just fine with that license.

Yes the tags need to be shown and it’s up to each individual to decide how much research they want to do prior to purchase.

Many Dior licenses were made by houses of equal status-70s and early 80s Dior footwear for one-they were licensed to Charles Jourdan. No one mentions that either. No need to disclose any license unless the seller chooses too.

The jacket is very clearly marked with an American RN and a made in USA which clearly discloses that it’s not French. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just want to add that although I said that no license needs to be disclosed (and I really am emphatic on that) when you have a company that clearly discloses the license on their interior tags (e.g. French Co. Louis Vuitton) it is to the seller’s and buyer’s advantage to make sure that French Co. is in the title as there are many who specifically search that license-I was one. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply