cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID this Disco-era NYC sequin jacket?

Another group on here was very helpful in identifying an antique item, so here goes a vintage one!  🙂

This jacket was inherited recently, and is known to have been gifted from a friend in NYC decades ago.

It is fairly heavy, although the fabric would seem to vent well through it. The outside is aqua, while the base fabric is more bluish and possibly made of cotton. Stretches slightly.

Unfortunately, there is no tag; it does look professionally made -- I'll guess in NYC.  Maybe is a Women's size 8 to 12.

Anyone know more about this jacket?  E.g., brand, maker, worn by ??? at Studio 54, ... ?  🙂 SJacket1.JPGSJacket2.JPGSJacket3.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I don't see disco.  Looks more 1980s Dynasty to me.  Shoulder cut looks as if it would accommodate shoulder pads.  I very much doubt custom made.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't see disco.  Looks more 1980s Dynasty to me.  Shoulder cut looks as if it would accommodate shoulder pads.  I very much doubt custom made.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree 80s over 70s and I own a similar piece in black bought new by me during that period. That was not the kind of stuff we wore at Studio. Everyone wore as little as possible as we were all sweaty messes. My usual uniform were Kamali maillots worn with her silk harem pants. I owned them in numerous colors. Still have a black set and a olive set LOL! 

Your sweater is a very pretty color.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

OK, thanks!  So definitely "vintage."

Any ideas as to the maker or seller?

Worth listing, at what starting price?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Def. Vintage IMO. No clue on your other questions. Price can be determined by searching closed sales for vintage sequin sweaters.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply