cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to sell a coach bag on ebay. Don't have receipt but do have authenticity card. Am I good to go?

Hi I have a coach bag I'd like to sell on ebay. It was purchased directly from a coach retailer within the last couple of years and I've lost the receipt. I want to sell it on ebay. I had listed the item in haste but then removed it for fear of someone questioning the authenticity of the item and either scamming me or getting my ebay account suspended.

I just realized the bag comes with an authenticity card inside which I have in my possession. Is it enough to include a picture of this card to prove the authenticity even though I don't have a receipt? I want to ensure I don't get my account suspended and that any potential buyer won't try to scam me by claiming they received a fake item. Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Want to sell a coach bag on ebay. Don't have receipt but do have authenticity card. Am I good to go?

The pictures in your listing are pretty good, but you need to show the one with the Coach creed.

Better yet, load clear pictures in this post... there are some pretty spot-on 'Coach-callers' here. Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have attached some photos of the bag, the inner label, tags and card of authenticity. Will these photos be enough to ensure I don't have any issues either with ebay or buyers questioning the authenticity?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@jall_5018 wrote:

Hi I have a coach bag I'd like to sell on ebay. It was purchased directly from a coach retailer within the last couple of years and I've lost the receipt. I want to sell it on ebay. I had listed the item in haste but then removed it for fear of someone questioning the authenticity of the item and either scamming me or getting my ebay account suspended.

I just realized the bag comes with an authenticity card inside which I have in my possession. Is it enough to include a picture of this card to prove the authenticity even though I don't have a receipt? I want to ensure I don't get my account suspended and that any potential buyer won't try to scam me by claiming they received a fake item. Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "authenticity card" because Coach doesn't have any such thing. 

If you're talking about tags, care cards, creed or anything else, all can be faked. 

Your bag should have a small white label hidden somewhere in the bag, either sewn into the side seam of them lining or buried inside the zippered pocket. You need to find that tag, possibly turning the pocket inside out and add a picture of that to the listing. 

As long as a bag is authentic, you should be good to go. But if you aren't the first owner and/or if you don't know the history of the item, it never hurts to verify authenticity before listing. 

Although it's not necessary for this item, for some luxury labels, we do recommend investing in a professional authentication before listing, especially for a new seller without a proven history. It gives your listing credibility and gives buyers reassurance that they're getting what they pay for. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@jall_5018 wrote:

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have attached some photos of the bag, the inner label, tags and card of authenticity. Will these photos be enough to ensure I don't have any issues either with ebay or buyers questioning the authenticity?

Those pictures look good but you NEED to add that white label since the creed doesn't tell us much in this case and for this bag.

albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Coach actually did have a piece of paper or plastic they were foolish enough to call an authenticity card but only for a short time. Theres nothing on a card or piece of paper that can ever prove a purse it came with is authentic, it was a stupid idea and I guess they were told that often enough to discontinue using it. Not only can cards, whether paper or plastic, be faked even easier than purses, but as soon as the card is removed from the purse, the "proof" is gone. so those cards are useless. The only thing that can prove a Coach or any other purse is genuine are the precise details of the purse itself. 

Receipts are just as useless since they can be faked too or even bought on the internet from counterfeiters, and a seller can copy a receipt for a genuine item and include it with their fakes as "proof" Weve seen plenty of those here and elsewhere. Thats one reason Ebay doesnt accept receipts as proof that somethings authentic.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

There's a small tag inside that says made in vietnam. I don't see anything else. My wife is the original purchaser of this bag directly from a coach retailer. I did a chat with ebay help and the person said the authenticity card should be enough but I wanted to verify that here. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I found the other tag. Should I include this picture with the listing and will this suffice to authenticate this item? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@jall_5018 wrote:

I found the other tag. Should I include this picture with the listing and will this suffice to authenticate this item? 

That little white tag is what I wanted to see. In bags with the types of creed as what Coach used in this bag and others from 2014-2016, that tag should be shown in listings. 

Someone who knows Rogues (which have been "well-faked" BTW), knows the details to look for (fonts, construction, lining, hardware, etc.) for the bag, style, and when and where made should be able to authenticate it. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for your help. I will add that photo to the listing. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I just read your post. I'm actually getting scammed right now with a Coach bag that I sent to somebody. It's real and she's saying it's not and she keeps coming back with multiple stories every time she responds with a message. Her story has not stayed the same since she purchased the bag. And she keeps calling it a fake and telling me I'm selling fake bags and all of this stuff. It's a big old mess. I refuse to give her her money back because I sold it at a fair price of $150 which I thought was good and then she's saying I sold it for too little and that don't make sense then instead of being happy that she got it for a good price because it's not new at the end of the day. So at this point eBay is doing the investigation and whatever and I don't even care if they to spend my account or whatever the case is that they do but it's been nothing but a horrible scenario. Don't list your coach bag if you can find another way to sell it

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

This is an old post.  Start a new post and be sure it has Coach in the subject line.  Post photos of your bag in your new post.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply