cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ? Burberrys prosum Coat can't find this label anywhere

Really well made Burberrys Prorsum trench but I cannot find any info on this label. The lbel has the S so it must be prior qo 1998. No apostrophe. The inside left side has the blue label white letterin and Prorsum. 

There is a zip out lining in black with small seam label size and material Wool.

The coat lining is black (silk?burberrysPROSUMcoat7.jpgburberrysPROSUMcoat5.jpgburberrysPROSUMcoat4.jpgburberrysPROSUMcoat1.jpgburberrysPROSUMcoat5.jpg) no logo/label pn it excpt small seam label also size and a material label. No embelling. logo or signature. Plain. 

Could this be a cusom made cost? I read several blogs one is style forum good info there but no solution. Pinterest had no such either. The buttons are flat & round no logo. think horn? 

I hope someone can give me clue? Much appreciate you input! (if i can get a few unfinished pics up)not very good with that  here on ebay. 

really nice 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Help ? Burberrys prosum Coat can't find this label anywhere

I believe the Prorsum Collection was trademarked AFTER Burberry switched from the old label to the new one. Which would make this fake. I am going to look to be sure and  @unknown will know for sure.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

OK, looks like they first trademarked Prorsum in 1999. They switched from the old label to the new label in 1997.

Wait for unknown to come by because she will know 100% on this issue.

*note to lurkers, the knight logo has said Prorsum on the flag for over 100 years. That doesnt make it from the Prorsum line.

*learn something new every day, for me at least, they now call the Prorsum line Burberry Runway.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Never seen that label before.  Coat sure looks 1980s.  Quality looks fine.  BURBERRYS was doing a lot of licensing at the time; could have been made for /in foreign market.  Could you post photograph of size & material tags.

Debora

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I didnt even think about licensed. Could very well be.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi, amazingly, I went back to ebay listings and I found two! with this label. They are different color of  coats  are different  but his label is the same.  The pics  are dark but but I imported them and lightened them.  I have read severlal  places there is confusion regarding many Burberrys labels. They dropped the S just prior to 1999.  to enhance the buyers experience? 

Thanks for the input and whatelse you may find. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi Deborah,  thanks for asking about the labels tags.  First I did see this on VFG there was a question about the label but no one identified it. Also Lindas-stuff on ebay has on like mine also, but no labels or information regarding the label. 

The coats tags are folded over and in the side seams.  I could not find one as to where it was made. Bur did read a blog that Burberry is now making in several countries. Turkey is one I believe.

Adding the two tag/labels.
Thanks for coming in. Burberrys Prorsum coat tagsBurberrys Prorsum coat tagsBurberrys ProrsumBurberrys Prorsum

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hmmmnn, I just noticed after posting - clearly it reads S 38 on wool lining. I was thinking it was a mens. Hoped it was a mens. I have not measured it yet.
I decided to post here before I put any more time in doing the listing. pics and all - but I felt it was authentic by what I had read.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Dang - I was posting and guess I hit something and lost  the thread. I went back to my research on the coat and here is one post: 

The pre-1999 trench coats have a label that reads Burberrys’ with an s  and  ‘  at the end. The font is usually white on a navy or dark blue label.

Trench coats with a BURBERRYlabel without the S are post-1999 and mostly made in Italy, Turkey, Malaysia.

and 

2006 PRODUCED IN CHINA  EINGLAD HONK KING TURKEY

and

1. BURBERRY PRORSUMis the high-end label of the company. It is generally more fashion forward with a price tag to match. If you find one you like, go for it, though it has not much to do with the traditional British Trench Coat Burberrys’ was famous for.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

From style, definitely a woman's coat.   And appears to be 1980s, as I wrote before.  

Debora

Message 10 of 10
latest reply