cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me if this is Authentic Louis Vuitton Bag

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can someone tell me if this is Authentic Louis Vuitton Bag

A Google search brings up similiar bag with this description.  Can't vouch for reliability.

Debora

"Here's an opportunity to own a very unique and very RARE vintage bag from Louis Vuitton by The French Company, most likely made in the late 1970s. Sold by Saks 5th Avenue, this large duffel or tote bag is ideal for travel and features a large main compartment that's lined in brown fabric and fastens with a chunky TUCKY lock zipper, and a nice-sized exterior compartment that fastens with a TUCKY lock. Comes with it's original adjustable shoulder strap, triangular monogram ID tag and clochette with key. In excellent condition for its age, we note minor signs of prior wear such as some rubs and scratches to the leather and monogram canvas and some scratching to the hardware. Please note that this piece is monogrammed on its leather patch with the initials JMO, but can likely be replaced with another by LV. Stamped SAKS FIFTH AVENUE, the clochette reads THE FRENCH COMPANY, however the TYVEK patch stating LOUIS VUITTON UNDER SPECIAL LICENSE TO THE FRENCH COMPANY is missing, which is common for many of these older Louis Vuitton pieces created in the USA for high end retailers such as SAKS. It measures 18in L x 10in H x 8in D. Shoulder strap is adjustable to 20+in."

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your help. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

LOL I own that bag. Agree with the above except yours wasn’t a Saks piece if it wasn’t stamped and although it could be late 70s it is most likely 80s as the license went from late 70s-91...

Make sure you list it as a French Co. Louis Vuitton and IMO not a bad idea to professionally authenticate it with a pro as there have been instances of FC pieces being reported and taken down as counterfeit by those that don’t know what they’re talking about. I have used authenticate4u for vintage FCLV.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your expertise.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Also, don’t mention LV for restamping or any needed repairs. They won’t service FC pieces...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply