cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alviero Martini contemporary tote authentication help?

Just bought this bag on ebay and I'm not sure it's authentic. Looks like their current "contemporary" tote. I'm not super familiar with Alviero Martini but it just feels a bit different than what I was expecting. Hope someone here can help.

Listing link is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALVIERO-MARTINI-Large-Shoulder-Bag-Classic-Geo-Print-Natural-/282991623199?...

Item ID is: 282991623199 

The leather straps don't feel quite right and it doesn't "match on the edges" like I thought it did in photos. Can someone tell me if this is authentic or not? Happy to post as many pictures as needed. Thanks IMG_0430.JPGIMG_0431.JPGIMG_0432.JPGIMG_0434.JPGIMG_0435.JPGIMG_0436.JPGIMG_0437.JPGIMG_0438.JPGIMG_0439.JPG 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Alviero Martini contemporary tote authentication help?

From the photos that you have posted I do not see any of the signs or hallmarks of a counterfeit Martini.  Yes, they do make them, however the lining is the usually the greatest giveaway and in this case the markings, the stitchings and the linings are accurate.

The brand has degraded over the last few years and as they have increased production and distribution the quality has definitely decreased.  You can see that in many of their items, most particularly their large totes.   

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

From the photos that you have posted I do not see any of the signs or hallmarks of a counterfeit Martini.  Yes, they do make them, however the lining is the usually the greatest giveaway and in this case the markings, the stitchings and the linings are accurate.

The brand has degraded over the last few years and as they have increased production and distribution the quality has definitely decreased.  You can see that in many of their items, most particularly their large totes.   

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"orange cape..."

Thank you! I appreciate your help. This puts my mind at ease. 

Kay

Message 3 of 3
latest reply