cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Re: 2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

Thanks, Beth! That's what I'll do! I
Message 361 of 416
latest reply

I wish I could, on my way to work, I'll be there til 10.
Message 362 of 416
latest reply

Please send all good vibes to us!!  We're staring right at a big hurricane and need all the help we can get 😞

Message 363 of 416
latest reply

Lurker here ~

Prayers AND "Good Vibes" to all -

We may have nasty winters in Wisconsin, but

yikes, the past couple of weeks have been unbelievable 

for our friends in the south. 

~ ~ ~
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
My kids wear fur.

~ Laurie ~
Message 364 of 416
latest reply

Thanks so much for the good vibes!  Please step outside, face SE and encourage Irma to stay well out to sea.....all help much appreciated!

Message 365 of 416
latest reply

Thinking of you Beth, with Irma on the way.  Wanted to make sure you were okay.  Are you going to ride it out?  I will be checking in for the next few days to see how you are doing.  Julie   

Julie
Message 366 of 416
latest reply

Thanks so much, Julie!  Since pretty much ALL of florida is going to get whacked, it's impossible to know where to go.  We'll be driving about 50 miles north and inland and hoping that works well.  Friends are putting us up---all prep we can possibly do here is done, so what more can you do?  Appreciate your concern and hope to be back posting here in the not-too-distant future.

Beth

Message 367 of 416
latest reply

I am so glad you are going inland.  I was getting my hair cut today and they were talking about some of the little Islands along the coast of Southern Florida and saying that they expected many too be under water with the surges and they were doing mandatory evacutations on some of the Islands.  I know you are on one of those little Islands,  but I wasn't sure exactly where.  Anyway, glad your little family is getting out of the way, and I will keep checking in to see how it goes.   Julie 

Julie
Message 368 of 416
latest reply

Hi all - wow, didn't realize that I haven't popped in for ages!   Mainly, I was thinking about Beth and Beachy and Patty and hoping that you will stay safe through Irma.  Beth, glad to hear that you have somewhere to go.  We have one hurricane evacuee here now and may be having others stay with us or helping them to find shelter with our friends.  Please stay safe.  

Looks like Irma will likely pay ATL a visit on her way out.  The school system is monitering the weather and may cancel classes on Mon/Tues.  It all depends on exactly where the storm goes and how strong it is at that point. Already there are lines at the gas pumps and when I went to do my regular grocery shopping today, it was a zoo.  The other issue for us is that our town has been sending truckloads of donations to Houston so now there are shortages of things like water, cleaning supplies, toothbrushes, flashlights, batteries, etc. because so many people bought items to donate.  Crazy!  Who would have ever expected 2 back to back hurricanes like this.

Have not been putting much time into ebay the last month due to lots of visitors and a family crisis.   Sales have been decent but not great.  Did really well with some eclipse glasses, lol!  DH had bought ours a couple months in advance.  About a week before the event, he told me he had to buy a minimum pack of 25 so we had some extra.  Listed those babies right away after seeing what they were going for -- sold a 4 pack for $66 and a 5 pack for $71 at auction.  That was fun!

We drove up to TN into the path of totality.  Rented a 12 passenger van and took a full load of family.  It was amazing to see it get so dark, the birds and bugs all start making their night sounds, the temp drop and the wind pick up and to see a 360 view of the sunset on the horizon.  Well worth the trip!

"Penny" -- Atlanta area, ebay seller for 2.5 years, Mom to 4 amazing offspring, DD 24, DD 22, DS 19 and DD 16, loves line dancing, reading and live theatre (esp. musicals), one pet - Thor the pupnado - a one year old Staffie mix,
Message 369 of 416
latest reply

Hi all,

Beth, stay SAFE.  My family in Jacksonville has gone to Tallahassee I think. I have family all over FL.  I heard on the news this storm is the size of Texas.

Let me know if you need someone to be your hurricane buddy if you loose internet.  

Hi Penny, yes it's been a while. I'm glad you braved the storm, literally!

Hi to anyone I may have missed. I'm just doing a fly-by 🙂 Went out to eat with my husband tonight for the first time since MARCH.  He's still working 80 hour weeks, last week he had 86. No day off since May.  The end is in sight though.

Prayers for safety for all!

Ronda

Message 370 of 416
latest reply

Thanks so much, everybody!  

We're going inland this morning and hope to be home here sometime tomorrow (Sunday) to assess the damage and start the cleanup.  Will check in whenever I can, love to all!

Message 371 of 416
latest reply

Ok Hello...I have not been here in forever...WAVING HI! 

Need some help if possible? 3 days ago my sales nearly STOPPED...and when I look at my store front the items featured are almost all my non clothing items...something changed and I must have missed what it is that my listings are missing...afraid they are no longer being seen? Any help for me on this ????

Click Here to Go to My Store
Message 372 of 416
latest reply

Hi, Lisa----I just looked at your store and it's showing me roughly 50:50 clothes and non-clothes items.  Keep listing on a daily basis and see if you can bust something loose.  Hugs!

Message 373 of 416
latest reply

Hi Beth.  Thinking of you as Irma approaches.  It doesn't look good for your island.  Glad you've gone someplace safer.  Prayers for you and all of FL.   Any word from Patty?

Our schools just cancelled classes for Mon / Tues.   Even though it will just be a tropical storm by the time it gets to us, there will still be 60 mph winds, flooding and tornados.  We're stocked up on gas, and food and will fill pitchers with water tonight.  Need to secure outdoor items.  It's gorgeous out today.  Makes me wonder what people did a hundred years ago.  They would have no idea a huge storm was bearing down on them.      Stay safe everyone!

"Penny" -- Atlanta area, ebay seller for 2.5 years, Mom to 4 amazing offspring, DD 24, DD 22, DS 19 and DD 16, loves line dancing, reading and live theatre (esp. musicals), one pet - Thor the pupnado - a one year old Staffie mix,
Message 374 of 416
latest reply

Hi Everyone!

It has been FOREVER since we've checked in, but we are watching CNN and thinking of you Beth.  Oh our beloved Marco Island!  So glad to read that you're safe and out of harms way.  Wishing you and everyone in Florida strength.

We promise to get back in the groove with posting - we miss this supportive community.

Best to all,

K & T

Message 375 of 416
latest reply