cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Re: 2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

Hi Penny!   Glad you moved all that stuff out and YES, it's worth giving it away if you don't have to haul it 😄

Great sales for me this weekend.  I seemed to get a boost from closing my store for a bit, then really kicked right back in with listing listing listing.  I have a good # of packages to go out as well as more auctions with bids closing tonight.  YAY FOR THAT!

Lunch hour over, back to work!

Message 181 of 416
latest reply

@pennywise-4 the link that is causing  your listings to have active content is the link to your store.

It has to be removed or you have to add HTML to it or you can just have the active content fixer do it.

Right now when I click on your store it does not take me to your store it takes me to eBay main page.... and it can vary by user ... another user MIGHT get your store or might get the eBay landing page

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 182 of 416
latest reply

Hi Patty!  Thanks for taking a look at my listings.  Yes, I had noticed that about the link taking to ebay's main page instead of my other items.  I also get the "active content" notice on listings that don't even have that link.  So, I'm going through one by one and taking that "see my other items" link out and doing the fix active content button.   Tedious work to be sure but I'm so glad that ebay is making it easier on us by putting the "fix it for me" button and mobile checker right on our listing page.  (Some sellers have had the mobile checker for awhile but I just got it a couple days ago -- yay!)

"Penny" -- Atlanta area, ebay seller for 2.5 years, Mom to 4 amazing offspring, DD 24, DD 22, DS 19 and DD 16, loves line dancing, reading and live theatre (esp. musicals), one pet - Thor the pupnado - a one year old Staffie mix,
Message 183 of 416
latest reply

Good morning!

I have a nice big stack of packages going out and I LIKE THAT!  😄

Hugs to all!

Message 184 of 416
latest reply

I'm off tomorrow and am hoping for good weather to get pics and listings done.....still having good sales, yay!!  😄

Message 185 of 416
latest reply

Yay for sales!  Mine have been good too.

I posted photos of a Lilly Pulitzer print I can't ID on the main board.  Please take a look if you know anything about LP. 

Heading out to an Atlanta Symphony free concert in the park tonight (as long as T-storms hold off).  Looking "iffy" at this point.

"Penny" -- Atlanta area, ebay seller for 2.5 years, Mom to 4 amazing offspring, DD 24, DD 22, DS 19 and DD 16, loves line dancing, reading and live theatre (esp. musicals), one pet - Thor the pupnado - a one year old Staffie mix,
Message 186 of 416
latest reply

Hi Penny!    I'm pretty sure if you google Lilly Pulitzer prints, you'll find a # of websites.  Glad to hear you're having good sales and YAY for a free concert, though I have to say, after a wonderfully sunny day, I'm now seeing clouds and hearing distant thunder.  The obvious problem with a symphony orchestra is the intricate, time-consuming setup, so I'm guessing they'd be a lot more cautious about setting up in an "iffy" situation.  Hope it happens, though---sounds terrific!

I shopped today and found some goodies, got a LOT of pictures ready, and should be hitting it hard and heavy this weekend to keep the sales coming!  Glad to have a stream of $ coming into my PayPal account, that's for sure 😄

Message 187 of 416
latest reply

Well, unfortunately, we didn't make it to the ASO concert.  It was in downtown ATL - about an hour away for me and the whole metro area went under severe T-storm warning right when we would have had to leave to make the drive up.   I don't mind a little rain but wouldn't want to sit in a large park with thunder and lightning so decided to wait it out at home.  Was hoping they would cancel and reschedule but turns out that the storms blew through and they held the concert after all but by then it was too late for us to drive up for it.   Oh well.

Tonight I have a 50's/60's themed dance with my line dance group.  Found a cute costume at a thrift the other day -- a pink 50's waitress costume complete with a name tag, neck scarf and little hat.  DD has saddle shoes that I'll borrow to go with it. Should be fun.    Trying to get a few listings up before I start getting ready.  Have a great weekend!

Message 188 of 416
latest reply

Sounds like a lot of fun with your line dancing group, Penny!  If I lived near you, I'd definitely join in!  Good exercise and fun too!   Nope, think you made the right decision on the symphony....sure as heck if you'd have gone it would have rained 😄

I have a 3 day weekend and have already got pictures ready to go for this weekend.  Hoping to keep on my steady sales groove---sure am enjoying that.

Anybody care to join me in listing this weekend?  Would be glad for the company.

Hugs

Message 189 of 416
latest reply

What is going on with this board ??
Is it now a private group? Are you getting together on facebook??
I am going to miss it
Message 190 of 416
latest reply

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, thank you for creating this thread! I have sold off and on since 2002, but have made it my career since 2012. I'm having a difficult time with comparable sellers listing their items with little to no profit, I don't get it? I'm fairly certain they too are buying their merchandise at the same discount chain, thus paying the same price I do.

I do notice many do not bother photographing the items, rather they use all stock photos. I refuse to do this, as it's difficult for a consumer to state the item has a flaw when I've pictured it from virtually every angle. Additionally I must accept returns, so rolling the cost of "free shipping" into the price is impossible, given some items are returned 3-4 times for size! I guess I'm seeking some perspective, any advice is most certainly welcome! This is not my selling ID, I'm happy to share within personal message.

Thanks!

Heidi

Message 191 of 416
latest reply

Hi Pembroke!

Earlier this year, this thread seemed to be winding down after lo, these many years, so I decided to just do a quarterly thread.  It continues to decline, with very few posts.

I would love for it to keep going, but with almost no participation, I don't know if that's possible.....maybe it's finally run its course.  I have no idea who started it originally, but it's been around a LONG time!

Beth

Message 192 of 416
latest reply

Hello,  I have not been on here for ages ....   I mean AGES!  Most of you pry don't even know me or remember me. 

But, it's so nice to see that Beth is still here, working hard and so helpful to others!!!!

Sandy

Message 193 of 416
latest reply

Sandy!!!  Hi!!!!

Sending you a big hug....Beth

Message 194 of 416
latest reply

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc2news.com/2241819214/person-dead-in-industrial-accident.html

Yesterday....#crybaby
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 195 of 416
latest reply