cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return and refund process

Buyer received deck, never acknowledged receipt, two weeks later wrote saying it didn't work right, I said send it back. It has been over 35 days, he has not sent it back. He never sent me a video of malfunctioning unit, despite my request, either.

How do I know what he has been doing to my deck all this time, or how he has been handling it?

Can I offer him half the original refund amount if he finally sends it? Claiming the other half is rent for 35 or whatever days?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: return and refund process

Did he actually request a return or refund? Or just write and say it didn't work? Maybe he figured it out or decided it wasn't worth it. I wouldn't refund anything, because he has waited too long. But that's me

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, that buyer HAS waited too long to seek a refund through eBay.

But you have to remember that he has 180 days to open an item not as described case with Paypal.

Or, last chance, he can do a chargeback on his credit card.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, that buyer HAS waited too long to get a refund through eBay.

But, remember, he has 180 days with Paypal, or, last chance, usually about that long to do a chargeback on his credit card.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ytovbin1940,

Obviously the buyer has not read the terms of the money back guarantee (MBG), or they would have opened a not as described dispute, and asked ebay to step in if you did not sent a return shipping label within 3 days. Your "Seller does not accept returns" policy does not fly in the face of the Money Back Guarantee if a buyer opens an item not as described dispute.

Since it has been over 30 days since the buyer received the item, they have let ebay's MBG protections pass.  You could send them a partial or full refund if you want, but if you do not you will have to sweat out receiving a negative feedback until the 60 days from the date of payment was received has passed.  As others have mentioned the buyer could go through PayPal or their card provider to get a refund.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply