cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re_tech_deals sold potentially Dodgy Samsung Chromebook Plus 2 in 1- do I just bin it?

Hi - bought  a Samsung chromebook plus 2 in 1 sept 24 2018 from re_tech_deals.

The touchscreen only worked with stylus upon arrival and then the screen went with a line across it shortly after. I was living in Vietnam at the time so I had it delivered to a friend in New York who brought it with him when he flew. re_tech_deals only offer a 1 month warranty so by the time it arrived returning it would have surpassed the warranty date.

I checked in with Samsung service centre in Hanoi and after 2 mths of them forgetting and me revisiting I was quoted 6'300'000 dong - almost the cost of the unit itself. 

So having just returned to UK - home country, I just contacted digicare.com (samsung rated service center) and was quoted 350gbp approx all in to replace. I should add that a few days ago local computer guy checked it out and was unable to fix due to unavailability of part.

So basically sold a dud unless it got damaged en route but I'm siding with the former. I'm unable to leave feedback on ebay as I'm beyond an allowed date.

Well just putting this out there in case an intelligent soul might have another angle on how to salvage it without forgoing a ridiculous replacement cost.

Thanks 😞

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: re_tech_deals sold potentially Dodgy Samsung Chromebook Plus 2 in 1- do I just bin it?

Impossible to raise complaint because it's beyond a certain date with ebay.  An email address would be magic.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: re_tech_deals sold potentially Dodgy Samsung Chromebook Plus 2 in 1- do I just bin it?

Too much time has passed, there is no happy ending to your story. Sorry.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Is that rhetorical or you're requesting an email address? Thanks

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Is that rhetorical or you're requesting an email address? Thanks

Edit: can't find delete option on android.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

o_0  It might just be a loose LCD cable in the back of the screen. If the line goes away sometimes when you're opening & closing it, or fiddling with the screen, then it probably is. If that's the case, you can have your tech easily secure it back into place, or replace it completely for pretty cheap. A new LCD cable probably only cost about $10-15 I would imagine. We were just discussing tonight about how we wanted there to be a policy change here on eBay allowing for buyer feedback & product reviews for the "full amount" of the seller's warranty, so we can all be much better informed buyers, and get rid of all these repeat scammers that have been preying on us all here on eBay for years.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. Tbh I took it to samsung service center in Hanoi some 6 months ago and they hadn't seen it before don't think. The guy took it apart fairly deftly and had a fiddle but I've always felt a versed chrome book technician might be able to get a result. My local computer guy charged me service fee in uk but again I'm not sure he knew what he was looking at. I would try myself but still cautious. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

0_o Everything is hard/scary if you've never done it before. Just go to YouTube & type in your make & model number, and behind that in the search-bar type what you need to fix, then look at two of three videos so you get a good understanding of what will be required of you to do & know which video worked best(read viewer comments). Then if you feel like it's something you can do, proceed with the repair. o_0 Ya know, 20 years ago when computer repair was just my hobby, I was scared to death to work on laptops, because I had convinced myself that gears & springs would pop out & go flying half way across the room & I'd never know where to put them back & end up owing someone $800 for a new laptop. My tech friend assured me that was not the case, and years later I've already repaired thousands of them. Never be afraid to try, because once you stop trying, we become a prisoner of our own ignorance. What's the worst that can happen, you could fix it, lol? All good techs use YouTube instructional videos to help learn new repairs, and if they deny that, then they're either not any good, a total newbie, or lying through their teeth~; )

Message 8 of 8
latest reply