cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablets from China

I recently purchased a tablet from China with great specs. 4gb ram, 32gb memory with another 32gb available. High resolution screen, 3g calling etc. They sent a tablet with 1gb ram, 8gb memory. I asked them to send the correct one and they kept insisting that I get a partial refund and keep the tablet they sent. I received a refund through Ebay. The problem is the bait and switch tactics. If I did not have the skills to check the specs of the tablet I would have thought I had bought a tablet that wasn't usuable to me. I encourage everyone who buys a China tablet to check the specs. A free android app can be installed that will reveal the tablets specs. A tablet with minimal spes will perform well until you use apps that are demanding or try to stream videos. Even switching pages in the internet will be slower.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Tablets from China

Another China tablet that has specs lower than advertised. I purchased another

China tablet, Octa core cpu, 4gigs of ram and 64 gigs of memory, 2560x1280 screen resolution.

Turns out the screen resolution is actually 1280x800, producing washed out colors and jittery videos. The 4 gigs of ram turned out to be 1 gig. It would not play mp4 videos that were downloaded in  an app that my $72.00 walmart tablet played well. It was sent with two imbedded apps to check the specs and benchmark. Antutu  and z cpu. Both have been modded to reflect the claimed specs. Third party software revealed the true specs. Don't trust claimed specs in tablets from China. If it doesnt seem to be what is claimed, check it out.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi, @wildwest530.

Buying from China is never a great idea in my opinion (and I'm sure a lot of others here fell the same).

First of all, they sell "junk" for low prices and free shipping. Nothing from China is made well, and sometimes the items are even fakes or replicas of the real item. Second, everything takes longer to arrive. The estimated delivery dates can be months away. I'd rather pay a little more and have my item arrive in a week. Chinese sellers seem to never have any good grammar or communication skills...that makes them not look as trustworthy. I recommend that you stay away from Chinese sellers as much as you possibly can. If you like buying from them, that is completely fine too. Just warning you.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have bought many items from China and usually have no problems. The first tablet was from a seller who had good language skills bit a poor product. His shipper sent the wrong tablet. It arrived in about two weeks. I received a refund and so no loss. I think that the specs on China tablets have been inflated greatly. They bundle with a modified version of Antutu which is a benchmark app. It fradulently shows their tablet to be better than Samsung and other brand name tablets. You cannot delete Antutu as it is inbedded. You can, however, download other benchmark apps and hardware info apps that will give you a good idea of what you have.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

rule of thumb. If it comes from China, dont buy it

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Isn't every from China? What stores do you go to?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@rkek3555 wrote:
Isn't every from China? What stores do you go to?

What do you mean? There are US sellers on eBay as well as Chineese sellers.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The Chinese sellers now use domestic address'. I bought a high spec tablet from an Australian seller. When I got it I could tell the screen resolution was well below that stated and that the OS i was using wasn't what was stated. Turned out that it was a total peice of **bleep** that couldn't even stream youtube without constantly pausing. The OS was modified to make it look like it was a great tablet. Ebay gave me a full refund and said I didn't have to return it due to the return shipping address being in China although the seller was supposedly Australian.

The seller is still selling the same tablet atm. Ebay don't even give a **bleep** about fraudulent sellers as long as they get their cut.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've just bought an almost identical 10.1 inch MediaTek tablet twice in 4 years from eBay. Four years ago, first time around, it was about £85. This time with more memory and more ram, allegedly, for £56. It would load nothing from Google Play Store and would not update. The internet speed test was about 26 Mb download against my 3 year old Apple iPhone 6 with 42 Mb. It would not play 1080p YouTube videos without dropping half the frames (stats for nerds stated that its real resolution was 500 x 720 not the claimed 2500 x 1600). As I couldn't install CPU Z or Antutu I couldn't confirm even the core count. Much of the normally available specs have been removed from 'About' in Settings. The advertised 16 Mp and 12 Mp cameras are more like 1.6 and 1.2 Mp. Video is like that on a 15 year old smart phone @ 360p ? It is evident that the late 2018 'custom install' right at the bottom of the 'About' part of the settings proves that it is a fake specs product. I'm sending it back. With sticky covers still in place. These sellers should be sued for fraud and time wasting. Take all such no-name China specs with a bucket of salt, unless the seller can prove otherwise. There are a few genuine weird-name Chinese devices out there trying to carve a reputation with something approaching a trustworthy spec, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's not better to simply buy a reliable name product with less grief and more of what you paid for? EBay should not continue to allow this blatant fraud.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread  Here.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply