cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tressy "World's Fair" outfit #25902 -- was it really sold at the 1964 World's Fair?

I found a Barbie case that had some Tressy doll items in it, including a camera that had "Tressy" printed on the back.   I don't know much about Tressy dolls, so I looked up the Tressy camera, and found that it goes with the World's Fair outfit #25902, and all the other Tressy things go with that outfit.   I think it's from 1963 or 1964.  For some reason I don't see anything in the listings here for Tressy World's Fair, either current or sold/completed, although there were plenty of other Tressy outfits listed.  I did see some Google references for very old listings here, and some European listings.  I think a partial outfit sold for U.S. $99.00.   I did find an old "Worthpoint" listing for it.  The said there -- (the caps are mine) 

"This is a Tressy Fashion Outfit that was BOUGHT AT THE WORLD"S FAIR.   It is a lovely black and white sun dress, with a wide brimmed black sun hat, pretty black shoes, a colorful bouquet of flowers and gloves."

My question is -- was this Tressy Outfit really sold at the 1964 World's Fair?  If so, was it sold ONLY at the World's Fair, or was it sold to the general public like the other Tressy outfits?  

If anyone can tell me, that would be great!  I just want to find out more about it.  

I know a lot about Barbie things, but very little about Tressy....although my sister had a Tressy doll, and I used to play with my sister's Tressy as a kid!

Here are a couple of pics of the Tressy outfit that I found on Google.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0