cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ponytail Barbie #4 - Mohair hair?

I've been trying to fix this #4 Barbie to have a decent pony tail but can't get it to hold. I think her hair is mohair. Is that possible? 

Did Mattel make a Barbie with Mohair hair? I'd appreciate if anyone can make suggestions as to how I can fix her hair and get it to stay in place. Thanks RitaP1230398.jpgP1230400.jpgP1230403.jpgP1230397.jpgP1230403.jpg

rita farmer
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ponytail Barbie #4 - Mohair hair?

Looks like it has been cut to short to do the classic ponytail.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The hair isn't mohair-- I believe it's Saran.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The hair of the #1-#4 Barbies is a synthetic mohair. I agree that it looks like this doll's hair has been cut. I suspect your best solution would be to put the hair in a french roll or some other kind of updo. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the info on the hair being synthetic mohair. I thought I was going crazy. Near the plugs it looks like saran but the outer edges feel and look like mohair. Thanks to all who responded.

rita farmer
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi I have a barbie with blonde mohair.  I wrapped a piece of hair around the ponytail and added a drop of crystal clear water soluble glue to hold it.  It has stayed put for a long time.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

I've been a Barbie collector since 1997 and have had many that were rooted with mohair. If you take a few stray hairs and burn them with a match, you can tell what the fiber it.  Mohair will just leave an ash, and a synthentic will melt into a little ball.  Your doll's hair has been cut, and what I do for this is to either put it in a bun if it is long enough, or I have gotten some mohair from doll supply and rerooted the head.  Youtube has videos on rerooting if you decide to do it yourself.  Hope this helps. 

Gayle

Message 7 of 7
latest reply