cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For: Boy Baby Talk doll

Hello,

Looking for a boy baby talk doll on here (eBay) by Galoob. I would buy the one that's listed on here but after speaking with the seller. I'll wait for another boy baby talk to be listed... The seller told me the boy baby talk that is listed on here currently does not work when batteries were put in or turn on. I've made several reasonable offers since the doll is broken / non working. The seller is asking to much for a doll that clearly is broken / has issues. I understand the doll being vintage & having it's accessories but if it doesn't work it's useless to put quite frankly... At my wit's end with trying to be reasonable with the seller & making offers will purposely buy from another seller because of the other seller's attitude. If anyone has a boy baby talk there willing to sell on here in working condition & for a reasonable price please contact me. Very interested in purchasing another boy baby talk doll. I'm not rich (on a fixed income) but am willing to negotiate on a reasonable price for the boy baby talk doll. Thank you for taking the time to read this~ ✌️

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I've seen 4 or 5 on here that the sellers

say they work.  One even has a video showing the boy doll talking and moving.  Reasonably priced, to me anyways.

Did the Seller have a buy it now price?

If the doll has all its parts and accessories, of course you will pay more. It seems everything is sticker shock here and everywhere else. 

Only did a quick search.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Type in Baby Talk doll galoob you'll see there is only 1 boy doll listed. The rest are all girl baby talk dolls which is fine but I already have 3 girl baby talk doll's & am specifically looking for the boy version. I know the one listed is non working because I've spoken with the seller around 4 different times both asking questions about the doll & also making offers... The doll was listed with the offer option originally then the seller changed it to buy now which tells me the price he is asking he obviously doesn't want to sell his doll that badly. He's asking $89 & $29 in shipping. I know it doesn't cost that much to have the doll shipped because I have 4 total that were all shipped to me all with different birthdays granted. He's out of his mind asking what he's asking for the doll though. I also noticed people stopped in unwatching the doll I'm assuming because of the sellers attitude toward customers as is. Every time I made him a offer he shot it down straight away with out even giving it a fair shot. If the seller was reasonable they would try to negotiate with the buyer & find a middle ground for a good price. The fact that the seller refuses to do so has already made me determined to purposely buy from another seller on here on purpose... 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Are you aware that shipping is, in part, based upon the buyer's location?

If I, the seller, am in Ohio, for instance, and you, the buyer are in California, then the cost of my shipping an item to you will be more than if I were to ship it to a buyer in Pennsylvania.  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I am in PA. Yes I am aware of the shipping costs depending on what location said item goes to & from. Are you honestly trying to justify $30 in shipping though? That's high for anyone to pay regardless. For that much the seller can keep his doll. Like I said I'll find someone else that's willing to sell the doll at a reasonable price. I refuse to be taken advantage of out of hard earned money that I really don't have to waste on shipping when my money could be put to better use on other things. Simply put I do not agree with the seller selling his broken doll at a jacked up price. Look in a toy flyer from 1986. I dare you to look it up online. The doll was originally $69.99 ne then & in working order. He's selling his broken / non working for $89 & $29 in shipping. No rationalized person would justify paying the seller's price unless there literally out of there ever loving mind & to defend him? Your crazy. 🤷‍♀️ I refuse to be bullied into buying a broken doll... Try that stunt on someone else. When there's a working boy baby talk doll on here like I said contact me. This is not up for debate. Done.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

FYI I've held my tongue on calling out this seller since this past June. That's how long his boy baby talk doll has been sitting online. Know why? No else wants to buy the doll broken either... 🤷‍♀️

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I DID TYPE IN BABY BOY DOLL GALOOB.  EVEN ADDED IN TALKING.  

For flips sake, I was only trying to help.

You do know you can search for things on any given day here and get different results?

Man - oh - man, I am sure glad I don't sell here. Oh, you may want to try a doll show or two.

I'm done.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Is it a full moon or something, LOL?  😉

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Save the search for the doll and select email notifications.  I have done this before and as soon as I was notified item was listed with Buy it Now, I purchased it.  It could be months but one day it may be for sale.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

That doll is 17 inches tall standing in the box.  Depending on how they are going to package it could very easily be over a cubic foot box and then USPS shipping jumps way up in shipping costs.

I see in the listing they stated it had batteries in it but they removed them and have not tested it.  I do not understand why they would not put in some batteries to see if it worked.  

Anyway I am looking for a Meneca Lagrimitas Lili doll from Mexico in early 70's, if anyone knows of one.  Talking not necessary.  I have had it saved on my search list for over 10 years and only received notifications of magazine advertisements.

stephenmorgan_0-1670563280476.png

stephenmorgan_1-1670563363238.png

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@rugrat56 

I understand the doll being vintage & having it's accessories but if it doesn't work it's useless to put quite frankly...

Obviously, it's not useless. You just want to lowball and the seller isn't in a hurry to sell it. Not every seller is desperate and many are willing to hold on to their items until the RIGHT buyer comes along. 

I've made several reasonable offers since the doll is broken / non working. The seller is asking to much for a doll that clearly is broken / has issues.

What you think is reason clearly isn't what the seller considers to be reasonable. 

If anyone has a boy baby talk there willing to sell on here in working condition & for a reasonable price please contact me. 

You aren't allowed to use the boards to solicit items to buy. 

Buyers need to realize that not all sellers are desperate and more often than not, when buyers try to wear the sellers down, instead of giving in, said buyers become favorites of those sellers. Thank you for posting.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Am not honestly trying to justify any shipping price.  You mentioned the high price of shipping.  I mentioned that it could vary, depending on location.  

And the way to find out when the doll you want is listed is to search for it and then check the box that you would like to be notified if one comes up.

There was no debate here.  All of us are allowed to offer information and to post our opinions.  

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta 

Not true. I offered him half of what he was asking & was even willing to pay the $30 even though I still think it's outrageous in shipping. I offered him $40 plus shipping+ the tax. That's more than reasonable for a doll that is broken. When I contacted him about the doll working or not he said his wife put in batteries pressed the doll's button on the side of his talk box & he would not turn on. I have actually taken apart & put back together mechanical doll's since the 90's as a kid back then to fix them including 80's dolls as well. When I buy anything I like being thorough & knowing what's going on though when I purchase something hense forth why I asked the seller questions about his doll. I don't see how that's being unreasonable asking if the doll works or not when he's asking the price he is for his doll. It's a valid question. Also I don't normally go on the forums on eBay so didn't know about what to or not to post about exactly was trying to look for help / a solution not be belittled for asking questions as though I was some sort of nitwit... Considering it's quite crystal clear you have no problem with putting a person in there place. Also not trying to low-ball anyone. Anyone else if they saw a doll that was clearly broken would offer half as well. When this doll came out back in 86. Would you rather pay $69 new or wait 30+ years & pay $110 for the same doll but broken? Try to understand the logic. If I could have bought this doll back in 86 I would have but I wasn't born until the end of 87 soo it's a little before my time with the gen x where as I'm a millennial.

@stephenmorgan

Yes I asked that question as well the seller told me the batteries were left in when the got the doll from some estate sale. Which means his batteries could have been sitting in the doll since the 80's. I'm guessing from the amount of corrosion in the doll's battery compartment... 🤷‍♀️✌️

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I already did that every way I could search & save it to notify I have. I put in the search box:

Baby talk doll galoob

Boy baby talk doll galoob

Baby talk doll galoob 1985

Baby talk doll galoob 1986

Talk A Tronic doll galoob

Vintage galoob dolls

Vtg Baby Talk doll lewis galoob

Galoob doll 1985

Animated talk a Tronic baby talk doll

Even have the search saved for Baby Loves To Talk by Toybiz because sometimes the baby talk dolls by Galoob are under the wrong listing & placed under that title. I've exaggerated everything I can think of to put in a search bar & hitting the notification each time. Ditto I am also posting my opinions as well. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

All the snarkiness aside, it's against Community rules to buy and sell in the forums. And eBay frowns on people coming here trying to negotiate off-eBay sales. 

All you can really do is set up saved searches and hope something you're satisfied with turns up. I have saved searches that have been running for years. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply