cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Help For Numbered Doll

Just lately I have taken an interest in dolls and do not have knowledge of them.  I need help in identifying this doll please as to age or maker.  She measures 24" tall, her long dress is 40" long, and she is numbered 434/1000 on the back of her neck.  The only other markings of any kind is 590 stamped in the metal snap of her shoes.  Thank you for help.IMG_2718.JPGIMG_2719.JPGIMG_2720.JPGIMG_2723.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi.

She's a modern porcelain doll.  There were a 1,000 of her made in that edition, and She was the 434th one made.

Are there any tags on her clothes or markings on the back of the dolls body?

Probably not worth much, but she is pretty and will display nice. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for help. I didn't know if she was old or new but knew about the numbering, just like glass and pottery. I checked her and even looked on bottom of her feet but no info nor clothing tags. Thanks again, you answered 2 of my questions.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi.  Here's a link about the modern porcelain dolls, and scroll down to the bottom, there's a whole bunch of manufacturers listed.  

If you have her box, a name may be found there.  Or on a wrist tag.  Or a Certificate of Authenticity will list the maker.

https://dollreference.com/porcelain_collector_dolls.html

Message 4 of 4
latest reply