cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone please identify this outfit?

Hello- At first I thought this was a OOAK dress but the more I look at it I think this looks too professionally done. It fits the Dawn Dolls, which are 6 1/2" dolls. No tags on the inside of the dress and no closure, just the waist band tied in a bow. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you. 

IMG_4302.JPGIMG_4303.JPGIMG_4304.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi lamber9347

It looks homemade to me, the stitching looks rather large for the scale of the dress.  What does the inside of the waist look like?  There were patterns available for the 6 1/2 inchers.

Pretty doll, and the dress is a fitting style for her.  

If it's home made, someone has a lot of patience.  They is one hard doll to sew for because of their size, lol.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes I think you are correct that this is homemade. Whomever made it really did a good job in the sewing because it looks professional. I also sew and have purchased homemade clothing before and this one gave me pause. It came in a lot of clothing and I wanted to sell it but wanted to identify it first. I've already posted these photos in a Dawn Doll group on Facebook and no one has been able to identify the outfit. 

Thank you for responding....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Solved-- This dress was created for the mother figure in the Petite Princess Family set of dolls from the '60's. I knew this looked too good to be OOAK. Just coincidence that I managed to identify this dress but grateful as now I can sell it knowing the name and which doll it was designed for. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

GREAT Detective work!!!!!!  How did you find it?

Sorry for the wrong info.

(I'll just go back and hide in my corner, LOL!!!)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply