cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best temporary material for setting doll eyes

Hi,

I'm going to be selling some antique bisque dolls. They originally had sleep eyes but they were lost before I acquired the dolls. I'm planning on buying some appropriate replacement eyes and just setting them straight into the head without a rocker mechanism so they look nice for the listing and the buyer won't have an eyeless doll. I was wondering what is the best material to use to set them? I would like to use something temporary so the new owner will have the option of changing them out to sleep eyes later on. I don't want to do anything permanent.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I use silicone ear plugs to temporarily set BJD doll eyes.

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

that works or even the moldable plastic putty, which is what I use, Jun planning got me hooked on it over the warm up sticky bands you can roll up in ballsused for secueing stuff down

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've used some stuff called mini wax or museum wax (it may have been caled also) on mini's to "glue"them down on the glass shelves, and also to reset the broken tiny hands and heads back on to those little skaters that you  make the ski villages out of at Christmas.  

It's come off very easy, no residue, and you only need the tiniest bit to hold.  I used to buy it in AC Moores in the miniture/dollhouse department.   Maybe that may work. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

that's what I was talking about as it rolls into a putty doesn't dry and comes off solidly. I really don't like the dried stuff that can cake and also cause damage if people don't take it off right. I like to change out my dolls eyes or movethem and it is the easiest as works as well as the Japanese putty

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 5 of 5
latest reply