cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

QUESTION:
Hello. I need help iding this mug. I believe it is from Babes in Toyland but I'm not sure. It is hard plastic and has a 4 and 1 on the bottom. Thanks for your help.

http://home.comcast.net/~shaig2/soldier1.JPG

ANSWER:
This does not appear to be a Disney item. It would be unusual for an authorized Disney piece to be without the Disney copyright. In addition, this differs greatly from the soldiers in Disney's Babes in Toyland. The soldier looks a bit like the soldiers in "The Hot Chocolate Soldiers" from the technicolor animated short Disney did for MGM in 1933; but we're not aware of any merchandising that was done for that film, and this cup would unlikely be from that era.

Sorry we couldn't provide anything further...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 106 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Mickey Mouse Clock that I am trying to find a production date for. It is not pictured or listed in any books that I have seen, nor have I ever found it anywhere on the Internet. It is definitely an antique. I took it to a clock shop and was told that they quit making clocks with its particular mechanisms in the 1930's or 1940's.

The clock is a wall clock of Mickey Mouse. It has a timing chain and a pendulum that swings back and forth. Mickey's eyes also move back and forth with the pendulum. I was told it's called an "animated" clock. It still has a sticker on it that says Walt Disney Productions on it.

ANSWER:
These wall clocks were created and sold in 1955 by Allied Manufacturing Company in Seattle. They sold clocks with Lady (from Lady and the Tramp), Pluto, and Mickey Mouse. They held their Disney license from 1953 - 1955.

The clocks are becoming quite popular, and sometimes sell for $500 or more. Lady is likely the rarest, and sometimes can sell for $750+.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com

Message 107 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello, Hope someone can help me. A friend asked me if I could do some research on a 16 mm film she has. The 16mm film is of 2 original old black and white Mickey mouse movies and one Black bear move. They are from the 1930's period. Can someone tell me where to go to research if these are of any value. The only problem is which I'm sure takes away from the value is that her father spliced these three films together on one reel. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you ~ Lizabeth
Message 108 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hello, i was wondering if you could help me ? I recently won a disneyland pewter wizard (limited edition) is there someplace i could find out about disneyland pewter past and present items. like how many were made and the retail price.....

ANSWER:
The Disneyana Exchange has something similar listed for sale; at $400. I believe that the site mentioned that 2,500 were made.

http://www.disneyanaexchange.com/shop/marketplace.html

Though they have a great site, their prices can be rather high, as it is often individual dealers using the site to post their wares. Still, it'll give you an initial sense of value; and it will confirm if this is a Chilmark pewter piece.

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 109 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
A friend asked me if I could do some research on a 16 mm film she has. The 16mm film is of 2 original old black and white Mickey mouse movies and one Black bear move. They are from the 1930's period. Can someone tell me where to go to research if these are of any value. The only problem is which I'm sure takes away from the value is that her father spliced these three films together on one reel. Any help would be appreciated!

ANSWER:
We'd need to know the names of the movies in order to be more specific. It's very hit & miss with values on old films. If there were many produced (as with most Disney films), they are not considered to be of much value. However, if there was an exceptionally rare film in the lot it could be quite valuable.

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 110 of 1,793
latest reply

gorgeousgussies
Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can shed some light for me regarding the value of a 1950's 'Disneyland Play Tape' (transistorized automatic tape cartridge player) still in its original box and original pressed foam packaging.
The copyrite mark is 'Walt Disney Productions'. It looks to have never been used or out of its box. I would be happy to attach a pic to an email.
regards
kerry
kerryberry@optusnet.com.au
Message 111 of 1,793
latest reply

I'd like some information on a baby spoon and fork set. The spoon has Mickey and the fork has Minnie. They appear to be the old style Mickey and Minnie that look more like rats than mice. The back says Winthrop Silver Plate. Can you tell me how hold these are and what they might be worth? Thanks.
Message 112 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I'm hoping someone can shed some light for me regarding the value of a 1950's 'Disneyland Play Tape' (transistorized automatic tape cartridge player) still in its original box and original pressed foam packaging.
The copyrite mark is 'Walt Disney Productions'. It looks to have never been used or out of its box.

ANSWER:
"Playtape" was the name of the company that manufactured these. They were located in New York City. It was made between 1967 - 1968. They only held a Disney merchandise license for those years.

The line was not very popular, as the technology was new, and it was a forerunner to 8-track tapes. It had a similar problem to the one we're having now with so many DVD formats (DVD-rom, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, etc.).

The box is likely worth as much as the playtape. I'd guess it'll sell for $25, but could go higher if two people get into a bidding war.

Hope that's helpful...
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 113 of 1,793
latest reply

figment0000000
Enthusiast
I have a Peter Pan figurine that says in the bottom 1972, Hilton-Chicago, 60643 2113-950, Made in Hong Kong. I just thought it was odd that it said Hilton-Chicago. Could this be a convention piece? Thanks.
Message 114 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
This figurine is 5-1/2" tall. Knowing nothing about collectibles, can someone tell me if this is old - or even collectible? Both of his ears are cracked and one has been reglued. Does that make him worthless?

ANSWER:
Your suspicions were correct. The damage basically renders the piece as having little value. It's circa 1970's; and was likely sold at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland.

Sorry we couldn't bring better news...
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 115 of 1,793
latest reply

I have a bean bag set of Chip & Dale, approximately 8" high, marked Walt Disney Productions. Both have their paper tags still attached with original prices. The inside of the tags read "I'm: Dale" or "I'm Chip". The interesting thing is that the tag sewn to Dale's bottom reads "Thumper". Can you help me identify when these were made and any other helpful info on them? Thanks.
Message 116 of 1,793
latest reply

soundgirl74
Enthusiast
Dear Dave Mason, you appear to have great knowledge in Disney collectibles, so if your interested in helping me I have a Magic Kingdom 10th anniversary parade pole sign from WDW. It is plexi glass w/ fiber glass or ressin backing in the shape of a starburst. The image is the # 10 & Cinderella's castle in the color of blue w/ a mirror back ground. It has the mounting hardware still attached. It would be about 22 years old, but the condition is good.I also have more plexi glass show signs from Epcot. Perhaps if you can't help, you can point me in the right direction. I appreciate your time, td
Message 117 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Magic Kingdom 10th anniversary parade pole sign from WDW. It is plexi glass w/ fiber glass or ressin backing in the shape of a starburst. The image is the # 10 & Cinderella's castle in the color of blue w/ a mirror back ground. It has the mounting hardware still attached. It would be about 22 years old, but the condition is good.I also have more plexi glass show signs from Epcot. Perhaps if you can't help, you can point me in the right direction.

ANSWER:
Prices for these signs seem to vary widely. We've seen them sell for $125+, and we've also seen them sell for as low as $35. It seems that they are most popular immediately after their use at the parks. Sometimes the signs approach $250 or more. It's usually a matter of demand at the time of sale. We wish you luck as you try to find the perfect buyer for your item!

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 118 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a bean bag set of Chip & Dale, approximately 8" high, marked Walt Disney Productions. Both have their paper tags still attached with original prices. The inside of the tags read "I'm: Dale" or "I'm Chip". The interesting thing is that the tag sewn to Dale's bottom reads "Thumper". Can you help me identify when these were made and any other helpful info on them? Thanks.

ANSWER:
If the set has the Walt Disney Productions mark, they would have been made prior to 1985. The "Thumper" tag is a nice novelty (error tag?), but is not known to add much value to these pieces. Our estimate is that the pieces would sell on eBay for $25.00 - $35.00. Good luck!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 119 of 1,793
latest reply

freetogonow
Enthusiast
Hi there!

I came across this collection of somewhat vintage Donald Duck figurines and was wondering if they had any sort of collectible value?

TIA
Kate
Message 120 of 1,793
latest reply