cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

bebe20040_0
Enthusiast
Hi, I have two "Disney" Winnie the Pooh pieces that I am curious about the value and authenticity. The first is a set of four stamps and gold coin, framed with COA (limited number made) and I was wondering if you might know the value or where I could check to find the value...it was a "Disney" Store/catalogue item. (I can send picture). The second was an item from ebay that could be a litho/cel has gold label but how can I tell if it's authentic? Please assist me. Thanks very much.
Message 76 of 1,793
latest reply

Thanks Dave!
Photobucket
Message 77 of 1,793
latest reply

mtss1113
Enthusiast
Can anyone give me any information on these wind up porcelain musical Mickey and Minnie figurines? I having searched on ebay many times but have never been able to find them...who made them, their value or if they are worth holding on to, etc. Mickey plays the "Mickey Mouse March" and Minnie plays "When You Wish Upon a Star".

Message 78 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Can anyone give me any information on these wind up porcelain musical Mickey and Minnie figurines? I having searched on ebay many times but have never been able to find them...who made them, their value or if they are worth holding on to, etc. Mickey plays the "Mickey Mouse March" and Minnie plays "When You Wish Upon a Star".

ANSWER:
We recall that these porcelain Mickey & Minnie dolls were sold at Disney theme parks in the mid-1980's (likely at the Disneyana Shop). While they are lovely pieces, they are rarely sold today for more than their original retail price of approx. $125 for the pair. They were sold after Michael Eisner became head of the Disney Company, and as with much of the merchandise sold during that era, seems to already be at the top of its potential for future appreciation.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 79 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi, I have two "Disney" Winnie the Pooh pieces that I am curious about the value and authenticity. The first is a set of four stamps and gold coin, framed with COA (limited number made) and I was wondering if you might know the value or where I could check to find the value...it was a "Disney" Store/catalogue item. (I can send picture). The second was an item from ebay that could be a litho/cel has gold label but how can I tell if it's authentic? Please assist me. Thanks very much.

ANSWER:
While it's very difficult to determine value without seeing the pieces, we would guess that the framed stamps & coin have dropped dramatically from their original prices. Likely the stamps are from Grenada, Maldives, Spain, or another similar country... Paired with the coin, the set probably sold originally for approx. $75 - $125, but would now be unlikely to bring more than $35 - $50.

The cel is even more difficult. Serigraph cels (a printing process used broadly by Disney in the past 20 years) have dropped in value, likely giving a Pooh serigraph cel a value of $50-$100. We've even seen them sell for $15. Typically, these cels have the gold seal printed on the cel itself.

If it's a vintage / original animated cel (hand-painted), it could be worth several hundred dollars. These were often sold at Disneyland (and later at Walt Disney World), and included a gold foil seal on the back of the mat that frames the cel.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 80 of 1,793
latest reply

giznoid
Enthusiast
Heres one for you Dave. I have a set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs lights made by the Noma company. The copyright is 1938 Walt Disney Enterprises. The box is 6-1/2"x16" and is nicely illustrated, including the side panels with the characters. Inside are eight lamps made of a hard plastic or bakelite material with individual pictures of all the dwarfs and Snow White. The set was made in Canada by Noma Electric Company. The lights look, and work perfect, and the box is in near mint condition. I know that mint is an overused term, but this set is really nice! Thanks in advance!
Message 81 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Heres one for you Dave. I have a set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs lights made by the Noma company. The copyright is 1938 Walt Disney Enterprises. The box is 6-1/2"x16" and is nicely illustrated, including the side panels with the characters. Inside are eight lamps made of a hard plastic or bakelite material with individual pictures of all the dwarfs and Snow White. The set was made in Canada by Noma Electric Company. The lights look, and work perfect, and the box is in near mint condition. I know that mint is an overused term, but this set is really nice! Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
I didn't really see a question... but I'll assume that an estimate on price / value will be helpful!

The important aspect is that the box is "near mint"... As you would expect, the box would typically wear out long before the lights on this set. This could easily double the worth of this set as a Disneyana collectible.

Noma made Disney Christmas lights from 1935 - 1938. The Snow White set is among most desirable. It's interesting that this set was produced in Canada. Noma also held a license in the USA (New York), but they were not known to make a Snow White set at that location. You've got a good one!

We've seen these lights sell for $200++ in Disneyana auctions; although they sometimes sell on eBay for under $100. They're a wonderful item, and worthy of any great Disneyana collection!

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 82 of 1,793
latest reply

donnagail52
Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I recently purchased this Disney drinking glass from a thrift store for $2.00. It looks to be a glass celebrating Disney's "100 years of magic". Walt Disney World is inscribed on the bottom. There were two others in the thrift shop but I only purchased this one as I liked the graphics. Was $2.00 a good deal for this glass? Thanks.

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL310/2077070/4205730/52303552.jpg
Message 83 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I recently purchased this Disney drinking glass from a thrift store for $2.00. It looks to be a glass celebrating Disney's "100 years of magic". Walt Disney World is inscribed on the bottom. There were two others in the thrift shop but I only purchased this one as I liked the graphics. Was $2.00 a good deal for this glass? Thanks.

ANSWER:
These glasses, as sold at McDonald's, were produced in a campaign to celebrate Walt Disney's 100th Birthday (Dec. 5, 2001). Sadly, the company seemed to forget about Walt Disney the person, and focused on the creative product of the company created. As a result, many thought the company was celebrating it's 100th Anniv., rather than Walt's birthday.

The glasses originally sold for 99 cents; and $2 isn't a bad price as it's excellent quality glassware. Even so, it's unlikely that the glasses will appreciate much in value over the next couple of decades.

Thanks,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 84 of 1,793
latest reply

donnagail52
Enthusiast
Hi, again, Dave. Thanks for the information on the Disney drinking glass. I had no idea it was sold at McDonalds because it doesn't have any MC Donalds logo on it, just "Walt Disney World" logo on the bottom. Glad I asked or I would have never known. I thought it was probably sold in a Disney World gift shop. Thanks again for the info.
Message 85 of 1,793
latest reply

jntpolston
Enthusiast
Hi Dave (saturdaytoys), I have an old set of Fairy Light Tales (Trademark) - 3 foot, Illuminated Ladder of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs made in Japan with a US Pat Pend Style #262 listed. Does not appear to be an original Disney product, can you tell me any thing about this? I have the instruction booklet which has a picture of Snow White with "Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of us all?"
Message 86 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave (saturdaytoys), I have an old set of Fairy Light Tales (Trademark) - 3 foot, Illuminated Ladder of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs made in Japan with a US Pat Pend Style #262 listed. Does not appear to be an original Disney product, can you tell me any thing about this? I have the instruction booklet which has a picture of Snow White with "Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of us all?"

ANSWER:
This is a tough one! There is no company called "Fairy Light Tales" who ever held a Disney merchandise license. It's possible that another company was simply using that trademark. If we find the name of that company, we can look further.

Even so... this item sure rings a bell! The one we're thinking of was used to make it appear as if the dwarfs were climibing into your Christmas tree. With the piece being made in Japan, we would have guessed it to be from the 1950's or 1960's, but we're really speculating here. If you are able to send a picture, we'll be glad to review further.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
auctions@SaturdaysToys.com
Message 87 of 1,793
latest reply

stationvillage
Enthusiast
QUESTION:
Listed a Disney oldie, can anyone tell me any item specifics about it? Auction #2239318181. Its a great condition..I dont know much about Disney items, so I would appreciate some help from all experts.

ANSWER:
Though the record album doesn't have much value (approx. $3 to $5 in near mint condition), the advertisement can be more popular among collectors.

This same contest ad was also found in the back of some Little Golden Books at that time. The ads often sell for $10 - $25 in Mint condition.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 88 of 1,793
latest reply

silverstallion51
Enthusiast

DOLL CAN NOT BE FOUND ANY WHERE ELSE ON EBAY, IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN A GOGGLE SEARCH OR IN ANY ANTIQUE DOLL BOOK IT'S NOT ONE OF A KIND BUT IT IS RARE AND THE CONDITION OF THE DOLL MAKES IT AS CLOSE TO ONE OF A KIND AS YOU CAN GET.

HE IS CIRCA -1960

HE IS 10 INCHES TALL AND 4 ACROSS THE SHOULDERS THE HAT IS FELT AND HAS THE ORIGINAL FEATHER, THE FACE IS RUBBER WITH NO CRACKS OR WARE OF ANY KIND. STAMPED ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNDER THE BOTTOM OF THE HAT ARE THE WORDS WALT DISNEY PRODUCT

HE HAS A HARD PLASTIC BODY COVERED BY A YELLOW SWEATER UNDER NEATH RED SHORTS WITH STRAPS ATTACHED, WITH A BLACK VEST ON TOP. HIS HANDS ARE PLASTIC AND THE SYMBOLS IN THEM IS METAL HIS LEGS ARE METAL AND COVERED WITH A FLESH COLORED MATERIAL. ON HIS SIDE THERE IS A WIND UP MECHINASEM THAT WHEN WOUND MAKES HIM SWAY VIGERISHLE FROM SIDE TO SIDE WHILE HIS HANDS CLASH TOGETHER TO PLAY THE SYMBOLS HIS FEET ARE ATTACHED TO A PLASTIC DISK THAT HAS THE WORDS[FABRICADO EN ESPANA] STAMPED ON IT, THERE IS ALSO A CIRCLE WITH AN (M) - ON TOP OF THE (M) THERE IS A DOT AND UNDER NEATH IT A LINE

HE HAS BEEN APPRAISED TO BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR HIS AGE. CAN YOU GIVE ME MORE INFO ON THIS DOLL?
THANK YOU
HARRY

Message 89 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a piece of Disney that I would like to know if you would help me out with. I don't know exactly what it is. It is shaped like a garden hoe, only a lot smaller. It is 3 1/2 inches in length. On the front looks like Bambi. On the back is written "Walt Disney Prod., Stainless by bonny, Japan." I have never seen anything like it.

ANSWER:
Bonny Products, Inc. (Lynbrook, NY) made children's metal flatware and ice cream scoopers from 1970 - 1987. What you likely have is an ice cream scoop! We'd guess that value would be $25 - $30 in near mint condition.

Keep digging for the quality Disneyana collectibles!

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 90 of 1,793
latest reply