cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

A bit more about the Winnie the Pooh Jack-in-the-Box by Carnival...

You might find etched into the bottom metal panel a reference to the location where this was made:

1973 - 1982 Bridgeport, CT
1983 - 1987 Overland Park, KS

We'd guess that it was the earlier of the two time periods.

Carnival Toy Inc. (a division of Lorraine Industries) also made a plastic ukulele, banjo, guitar, mouse guitar, ring toss game, rhythm band, and other musical toys.

Hope that's helpful as well...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 61 of 1,793
latest reply

abaje
Enthusiast
Hello, I am a new ebay user based in France. I want to sell a Disney comic book, in French, from the 1960's. Of course, I can sell it in France but I was wondering if people collect this kind of thing in the States?

The book is called 'Linda Lark, Infirmiere' (infirmiere means 'nurse'). It was printed in 1964 and is number 43 of a series. Some of the pages are in color, some in black and white. At the end, there is a 3 page article about 'Telstar'

Many thanks for your comments.
Message 62 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hello, I am a new ebay user based in France. I want to sell a Disney comic book, in French, from the 1960's. Of course, I can sell it in France but I was wondering if people collect this kind of thing in the States?

The book is called 'Linda Lark, Infirmiere' (infirmiere means 'nurse'). It was printed in 1964 and is number 43 of a series. Some of the pages are in color, some in black and white. At the end, there is a 3 page article about 'Telstar'

ANSWER:
We're not aware that the "Linda Lark - Registered Nurse" series was ever marketed by Disney. The comic is not very popular, and would likely sell in the US for $5.00 or less, although it's a nice novelty piece of interest to some in the nursing profession.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 63 of 1,793
latest reply

donnagail52
Enthusiast
Hi again, Dave! In regard to the Carnival Pooh Jack in the Box, there is a number on the bottom: 102881. There are no hyphens or slashes between the numbers but maybe this indicates the date of October 28, 1981??? This would confirm your guess that it was produced in the earlier of the two time periods you mentioned. Thanks so much, again, for the information you have provided.

Donna
Message 64 of 1,793
latest reply

Donna,

Yes, this is very likely a date stamp. Unexpectedly simple!

Congrats on the good detective work.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 65 of 1,793
latest reply

donnagail52
Enthusiast
Thanks so much again, Dave for your helpful information on all the collectibles people have been asking you about. If I ever happen to come across another unusual Disney collectible, I'm sure hoping you'll still be here with your great expertise.

Donna
Message 66 of 1,793
latest reply

morshooz
Enthusiast
Hi there Dave! I have two questions about two separate items.

First: I have a song book, Walt Disney's MARY POPPINS The Complete Musical Score. It's is very good condition with just a small crease at the bottom right corner of the front cover. It has 128 pages. Copyright 1964 Walt Disney Productions. On the back cover it has an illustration of several Disney animals (deer, partridge, rabbits, turtle, raccoons, squirrels) and photos of Dick and Julie superimposed over the illustration. Modern World Library No. 38, A Hansen Publication. Sold originally for $3.95. Any idea as to its worth/scarcity today?

Second: I have a silver collector's commemorative proof coin. It was released in 1988 to commemorate sixty years of Mickey. The coin is in a faux suede presentation folder gold embossed on the front with the Mickey, Sixty Years with You logo, coin and folder are inside the original box. Coin is in a sealed plastic holder, and includes the original COA with serial number. OBVERSE: Mickey Mouse as Steamboat Willie. REVERSE: Official "Mickey 60 Years with You" logo by Walt Disney Company. Minted by Rarities Mint, Inc. Coin is 1 troy ounce silver. I've seen one other besides this one. Any idea of worth or availability?

Thanks for your help Dave.
Message 67 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a song book, Walt Disney's MARY POPPINS The Complete Musical Score. It's is very good condition with just a small crease at the bottom right corner of the front cover. It has 128 pages. Copyright 1964 Walt Disney Productions. On the back cover it has an illustration of several Disney animals (deer, partridge, rabbits, turtle, raccoons, squirrels) and photos of Dick and Julie superimposed over the illustration. Modern World Library No. 38, A Hansen Publication. Sold originally for $3.95. Any idea as to its worth/scarcity today?

ANSWER:
While items associate with Mary Poppins' original release are relatively scarce, there were many songbooks and versions of sheet music released. Typically, they don't have much value for collectors, but I still think they're ultra cool! I'd estimate today's value at $25 - $40 for the book.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com

Message 68 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a silver collector's commemorative proof coin. It was released in 1988 to commemorate sixty years of Mickey. The coin is in a faux suede presentation folder gold embossed on the front with the Mickey, Sixty Years with You logo, coin and folder are inside the original box. Coin is in a sealed plastic holder, and includes the original COA with serial number. OBVERSE: Mickey Mouse as Steamboat Willie. REVERSE: Official "Mickey 60 Years with You" logo by Walt Disney Company. Minted by Rarities Mint, Inc. Coin is 1 troy ounce silver. I've seen one other besides this one. Any idea of worth or availability?

ANSWER:
This series of coins was produced at a site in Anaheim, not far from Disneyland. While they were marginally popular at the time, the Rarities Mint went out of business after only a few years. They made a variety of coins in both silver and gold; featuring Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (50th Anniversary series); and Mickey Mouse (60th Anniversary). Our experience is that the 1 troy ounce silver series sells on eBay for $25 - $35. The market seems soft for their sale at the presen time, yet we expect that the future should be bright for them as they were very well done.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 69 of 1,793
latest reply

giznoid
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I have a green paper gate flyer announcing the world premiere engagement of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. It has been boldly autographed by Mr. Disney on the front. I purchased this item from a lady at a flea market, about ten years ago, along with a black and white snapshot of Walt taken at the time the flyer was signed. On the back of the picture, she dated June 23, 1963, which is the day she, (and Walt) were there. I know Disney autographs are rare, but I have never had this appraised. I paid her 300 dollars, and thought I did all right. Thank you...Jeff
Message 70 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave, I have a green paper gate flyer announcing the world premiere engagement of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. It has been boldly autographed by Mr. Disney on the front. I purchased this item from a lady at a flea market, about ten years ago, along with a black and white snapshot of Walt taken at the time the flyer was signed. On the back of the picture, she dated June 23, 1963, which is the day she, (and Walt) were there. I know Disney autographs are rare, but I have never had this appraised. I paid her 300 dollars, and thought I did all right.

ANSWER:
Congratulations! You've got a top grade Disneyland collectible!! "Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room" was one of the attractions personally owned and operated by Walt Disney (rather than by Walt Disney Productions or Disneyland). As such, he was extremely proud of both the technological advancements in the attraction and of the tremendous public acclaim he received for this innovative show. The autograph, flyer, and photograph combine to add a provenance that will assist in future authentications, as well as to add substantial value to the item as a collectible. In my opinion, it won't be long before you will have earned 10 times your investment!

Congrats again,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 71 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
You seem to know alot about disney mem. and toys. I am trying to find out the value or whatever i can find out about a disney toy i have. it's made by wen-mac's. it's called " tomorrowland space carnival ". It,s like 3 toys in one. made of plastic, and very large as toys go. any info or value would be nice.

ANSWER:
The large construction sets were sold in 1963-1964 by the Wen-Mac Corporation of Louisiana. The sets were not very popular at the time, as they didn't look like the famed Disneyland attractions they were supposed to represent. Even so, they sell today at prices ranging from $50 - $100 per set; sometimes more depending upon current buyer demand.

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 72 of 1,793
latest reply

morshooz
Enthusiast
Hi there Dave! Thank you for the information re: posts #67 & #68. You are certainly a font of knowledge when it comes to Disney. I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions.

Thanks again Dave.
Message 73 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Bambi lamp that is ceramic has a copyright that says walt Disney, and says Bambi on the side. It has a metal shaft that at one time was probably brass, and a painted metal base. I has just Bambi with greenery and kind of pink flowers on the base. I have photo's is you would to send them. I believe it was copyrighted in 1949 and the lamp was bought in 1950 because it was for my nursery and I was born in Jan '51. Ths paint on the base is chipped and I do not have the original shade but the lamp works great and I still use occasionally.

I want to sell it but think I should put a reserve and I have been looking for 2 years to try to find approx value but hadve been unsuccessful. I saw your message and thought maybe you could help me.

ANSWER:
Frankly, I believe that heirloom collectibles like these should remain in the family forever... They have survived for over half a century, and such treasures are an increasing rarity in today's rapidly changing collectibles market.

What you describe sounds similar to the lamps produced by the Railley Corporation of Cleveland, Ohio. These lamps were produced in 1947-1948, but sold throughout the USA for the next couple of years. The highest prices include the shade (which can be more valuable than the lamp itself!). Prices currently range from $75 (fair condition; no shade) to $300++ (near mint; no chips; with near mint shade).

Recommendation: Enjoy your childhood treasure... and hunt for that shade!

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 74 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi, first time over here. I have some Disney tickets and three of them are E tickets before the Haunted Mansion. How much are they worth?

ANSWER:
Typically, the earlier "E" tickets are harder to find, and should command a higher premium. However... we're finding that today's young collector knows very little about the early "E" ticket attractions, but has a strong association with Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. The range on eBay often runs anywhere from $10 to $35 per "E" ticket, with Disneyland tickets carrying a premium over the WDW tickets. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 75 of 1,793
latest reply