cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do You Like To Watch That Makes You Feel Good

What Do You Like To Watch That Makes You Feel Good

We like to watch old things on HaulMark. Good old wholesome shows that seem to bring about nice memories.

Your thoughts?

DWB

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: What Do You Like To Watch That Makes You Feel Good

We've been watching the original Star Trek series, Leonard Nimoy's passing made us feel nostalgic.  We both grew up watching the show even though I'm 52 and Keith's 57.   It really was a ground breaking show for it's time, the first African American woman on a show that wasn't a maid etc...  Plus even though the network told them not to do stories about civil rights they snuck them in under the guise of "science fiction".

Funny thing is even though we didn't know each other when I was 13 and tagging along to Trek Conventions with my older brother Keith was there too.  Back when conventions were so much more fun and a LOT less expensive!  Autographs were FREE, not this $80 plus on top of $200 ticket prices. 

We both like the old shows like Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel anything that's sci-fi / fantasy etc. related new and old.  

Amazon prime has it free ( with annual fee)  and lots of old shows and movies that are fun to watch since we have gotten rid of cable tv and only use "streaming" entertainment now.   

DWB:   Good to see you able to post on here a bit, hope your having some good days. 

Jenny     

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I watch a whole list of shows.  Working at home, it's nice to watch TV.

The Walking Dead is my favorite.

Game of Thrones

I watched Hallmark movies at Christmastime.  Got sucked in.

Please don't talk while I'm interrupting. It's rude.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

We love the Walking Dead too, going into withdrawl waiting for it come out on DVD so we can netflix it. 

Game of Thrones has been fun too, but I don't know if I'd liked it as much if I hadn't watch it on DVD with no waiting for the next episode.   

Have you read the Game of Thrones Books?  Been thinking about checking them out, but the reviews seemed pretty mixed.    I read several books a week and always looking for something "new".   

Jenny    

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Tons of prime-time shows on major channels.  Grays Anatomy, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.  The Voice. Secrets and Lies. How to get away with murder....on and on....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'm a big Ryan Phillipe fan and loving Secret and Lies.  Juliette Lewis too.

No, I didn't read the GOT books. 

Please don't talk while I'm interrupting. It's rude.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the kind words Jenny. Miss being able to be in the group.

You bring back memories with your post about the past. We find good old shows on Hallmark. Your idea is a good one about dumping cable and going with streaming. Gotta look into that. 

Nice to see others posting. thank you to all of you for keeping this group alive

DWB

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

re bwspike

Good post happy to see you back. Hope all is well.

Been finding some good sporting events for free on cable and free tv. Some of these things cable wants more money just to watch them. And they must get takers cause they keep doing it.

Spring is coming along

DWB

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I am almost embarrassed to admit this but I've started watching some of the reality shows. I like Dancing With the Stars and Survivor. Also Hell's Kitchen. I like to watch them when my brain is tired. Then there are the shows for challenging my brain. I have really enjoyed watching The Roosevelts. I learned things I never knew about them. 

Then there are the sci fi shows, the cop shows, all of the NCIS shows, and a few of the new shows. As you can probably tell, I watch a lot of TV! I record most of the shows and watch them a day later. That way I can fast forward through all the commercials.

Right now I'm trying to decide what to do about my TV service. I've been with Direct TV for over 3 years. Now they've got this new thing...they raise your rates even if you have a contract with them. I considered switching to cable but I've got Charter here and their customer service is absolutely horrible. 

I watch HULU but only the free part. I've found old series on there that I didn't realize were available. They give you a bunch of episodes but not all of them...at least with all the Star Trek shows...and I've not done that yet.

My Happy Happy time is Sunday when the NASCAR SPRINT CUP  races are on. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply