cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushed my body to it's limits today but we had fun.

I wish we could still share photos in our group.   I'd share some of the pictures from our trip to the AZ Sonoran Desert Museum today.   

We hadn't been there in 20 years so it's really changed a lot since then. 

They have some exhibits of Sonoran animals, kind of like a zoo but a lot of natural areas and aviaries. 

@whotoldya  Would have enjoyed this....

There was a free flight bird show where they had harris hawks, a great horned and a crested caracara.  They usually have more birds in the show but it was windy.    The crested caracara was a new bird for us.  We see the harris hawks and great horned owls in our neighborhood.   It will still fun to get some close up pictures of them.  

I am going to rather sore after walking around so much, especially the inclined paths, my bad foot is throbbing and I am sure I found muscles I forgot I had...  LOL  We were there about 4 hours which is really enough time to see everything though.  

This is where we went:  

https://www.desertmuseum.org/

It's a must see place for native wildlife education and flora of the Sonoran desert for anyone that visits Tucson.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Good morning Jenny happy to see a message from you ... Where you went Sounds like a fun place to go to .... We love old time stuff like that .... Gets the imagination going .... 

When we lived in Massachusetts it was loaded with old Indian things .... The talent they had was amazing ... They wasted nothing ... Caves galore out back ... 

Keep posting  be nice to see some of this old group return ... Be Sfe Out There

DWB

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Mawnin Jenny

Thank you for posting all that interesting collection of goodies ...   Got my mind going real well ... We used to buy Butter Flies and put them all around our property.. 

In the spring they would be every where .... We also filled the place with Praying Mantis when they told us to... And how to raise them .... It became a normal thing to have a praying mantis circling around you... They would return the next spring ..... And Monarch Butterflies were all over the place .... have you ever read or watched the life of Monarch Butterflies .... ?

Like you I wish we could still insert pictures in here ...

Ya think there's a way to get our member to come back in here?   I plan to stay until they boot us out ...

Hope Your Feeling well ....

DWB 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It was very helpful being able to send pictures we could use ... Pictures are worth a thousand words ....  Maybe Ebay could us some sellers that have run businesses in the past ?

Remember those CD Radios?
10/4

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@whotoldya   I remember having a praying mantis in elementary school as part of a class science project.   We had to feed it raw hamburger or catch flies for it.     We see them occasionally here in Tucson.  

I have seen some documentaries about the monarch migrations, very interesting.   

Keith and I have experienced ladybug migrations in the San Bernardino mountains when we lived in CA. 

It was not so fun though...we were hiking and had to take cover behind trees unless we wanted a mouth full of lady bugs,  I imagine a butterfly swarm would be pretty much the same.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That sounds like an educational fun place to go hiking, walking, picnicking ...

O'h those lady bugs are fun to watch also ... We get them all over the screen doors at certain times of the year ... They like some of the wild bushes all around us ... They peck at them not sure why 

We are only a half mile from a bird sanctuary ... Rare birds come thru here during different times of the year ....  Took a picture of on a few years ago I never saw before ... They knew right away what it was ... They said what it was but I could not find it doing searches ...

Nice being able to share fun stuff in here these days ... Maybe more members will return ... and enjoy a few minutes of the day ... 

Be Safe Out There

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It was a rare early 83 degrees here in PA yesterday.  Today it is much cooler and raining.

We keep getting storms, so I have to constantly rake up pine poop from my yard.  But I even mowed my backyard yesterday!

Also put up deer netting to protect my daylilies from the deer.

Planting season isn't until May here, but I am anxious to start.

The bugs around here so far are mosquitos, that attack us when I go to watch my 10-year-old grandson play football.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That sure sounds like a fun place to go to.... And those bird shows sound fantastic ... Too bad we no longer post pictures in here ...

That was always fun to share our photo's ... 

Be Safe Out There 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I remember living in the north east you explain .... Trees shedding all sorts of stuff .... PA got to be the deer capital of the world .. Many years ago we hit a huge deer out on Rt 81 ... Did thousands of dollars damage to the truck. (1 Ton GMC) l10 foot back on it ..

We planted a lot of Peppers in mid  March ... They are already flowering like crazy .... 

Also plated Basil in pots ... We freeze a lot of it for the off season in December... 

Enjoy your holiday

DWB

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Happy Easter to all!

I have a herd of about a dozen deer who live across the road from me.  They visit my yard every evening and also during the day.

Too bad that they don't eat pine cones.....

I am anxious to start planting.  Might buy some onion sets soon to get those started.  But we can still have frost in May.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Good morning Jenny,  This is DWB

While in one of my icu  Hospital Stays someone came along and left me 6 Negatives for never receiving their orders ...  They want to change them back to positives 

I sent them those links right from each item they bought .... They say they don't work ....

I suggested they call Ebay .... They say that went no where ....

Please help me Jenny what can I do ... I never receved a Negative since opening my store in 2008 .. Have 29,000+ Positives .... 

I sure hope this can be corrected..

DWB 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply