cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many eBayers in this group are collectors

I would like to know if any members of this wonderful group have something that they collect that they love and enjoy a lot! I do! I collect antique cash registers and have been doing so since 2010, and I'm hooked on it!

Let me know if any of you have things you enjoy collecting!

eBay I Sold It volunteer Seller and antique cash register collector
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How many eBayers in this group are collectors

Greetings and thanks for starting a new thread oldcashregisterme ... and an interesting one at that.

I am a collector of blue cobalt ... I have vases, bottles, candle holders, bowls, pitchers, chargers ... and many odd and end pieces ... I look for the dark, dark cobalt that is almost purple and prefer to find and collect handblown or handpainted pieces.

I also collect cast iron toy stoves ... we have about a dozen of them in varying sizes .... we live in a house that was built in 1930 and it has a dinette area in which there is a built in glass doored corner hutch ... that's where we display our cast iron pieces.

Lastly, I am a collector of shot glasses ... very particular on this one ... it has to be from the actual place ... no fair just buying a shotglass at goodwill ... so, I have some really good ones, Greece, Japan, Mexico just to name a few. 

I am no longer adding to any of my collections though as I am running out of room.  I could free up lots of shelf space if I were willing to give up my books.  Which I doubt would ever happen.

Anyway, that's about it from me.  And again, cash, thanks for starting up an interesting topic.  How many cash registers do you have?  Do you display them?  I know some of them are really ornate.  What a collection!

Kate

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

quad65
Enthusiast

Outside of coins, I collect old gas station road maps. I look for unique artwork on covers and place I've been. I enjoy history and will often compare how road system has changed in last 80 yrs. I've enjoyed maps since a kid keeps me headed in right direction. ;>

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I have a couple of very small collections...old railroad lanterns, bronze age comic books, skulls. My ex was big into collecting but was sort of ADD about it...lots of different things but not a lot of any one thing. I'm looking to sell the comic books and the lanterns. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

<raises hand> me... i love mugs.. coffee cups...restaurant ware...  vintage dishes.. luckily i love to sell them, too 🙂 ...  but i have way to many and i stop way to frequently..  

collecting boarders on hording 🙂

sophie

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have one from 1806 the first brass candy store National cash register with fancy designs on it and so many more! I'm so thrilled to hear about your collection! I love to collect those things as well! I will maybe show some pictures that I have of my cash registers if you would like!

Thank you

MayLyn

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Oh yes, pics would be nice.  I have seen old cash registars and they are beautifully ornate pieces of work. 

Thanks for posting MayLyn and welcome aboard.

Kate

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I will post the pictures as soon as I'm able to find them. I'm glad to be in this club and share my intrests with all of you!

Have a great day

MayLyn

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Will look forward to seeing some photos MayLyn ....

Kate

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

O'h my gosh what a good topic. Been out of action sorry about not posting lately.

We got an old cash register been with us for 60+ years. It got damaged by our kids back when. Not hard to fix actually. I just can't lift or move it these days. Be nice to find a good home for it.

We also have collected lots of fun stuff over the years. Old match books, mugs, shot glasses, postcards, gas station maps, stamps, coins, tokens and other interesting things. We sold all most of the valuable items to help pay for medical stuff.

Thank you for starting this topic,

DWB

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Mugs????  🙂 

So, i will share the song i rewrote just yesterday to show my love for mugs..

it probably won't be funny if you don't know the 80's song "I like Big Butts" by Sir Mixalot.. 🙂

OMG Becky, Look at her MUG
It's So BIG
She looks like one of those Geek Girlfriends
Who understands Geeks?
They only talk to her because she has coffee
I mean her Mug, I can't believe it's so round... it's just out there.. 
I mean, So Colorful
Look, She's just way too awesome!

I like big Mugs and I can not lie
you other sisters can't deny
that when a girl walks in with fresh roasted beans
and espresso in your face
you wake UP

Gotta Get real tough
Cuz you notice that Mug was stuffed
Fresh Coffee, deep breathe not more thinking
Im hooked and I can't stop drinking
Oh, yeah I gotta get me some
Americano or Espresso

My momma tried to warn me
But that Mug I Got
Make me so Corny

So, Sisters (yeah) Brothers (yeah)
Do you got a great big Mug?
Well fill it, fill it, fill it, fill it, fill that big Mug
Baby Got Coffee... yeah....

it makes me giggle

Sophie

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Very funny Sophie ... thanks for sharing.  You have rewritten quite the song.

Kate

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for the song lyrics Sophie. Sure enjoyed whistling them here. Maybe you heard me?:-D

Been out of action 2 times in the past few weeks. Just getting going again. 

We have an old cash register had it for gotta be 60 years. Weighs an awful lot.  Do you buy old ones like that or?

Enjoy your day,

DWB

Message 13 of 13
latest reply