cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a Paperweight and a little dish

Hi all, hoping someone can help with these two items...paperweight looks a bit yellow in my pictures but it is crystal clear, age,,maker??  Small dish is very thin and fragile...what would I call it.   Thank you in advanceDSCF4904.jpgDSCF4899.jpgDSCF4931.jpgDSCF4936.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help with a Paperweight and a little dish

The paperweight looks like Joe Zimmerman. Are the lines on the bottom raised?

I love his work. 1963 - 86.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/172992-joe-zimmermann-paperweight-signed--cir

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Beautiful..

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

there were many paperweight makers in the great lakes region and beyond. without signature or identifiable exact design it is hard to say. look up what 'bubble glass' design is, and the flower/colors, it is, and that should narrow some of it down. the plate looks like a Murano glass design 🙂
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@z28zoooom wrote:
there were many paperweight makers in the great lakes region and beyond. without signature or identifiable exact design it is hard to say. look up what 'bubble glass' design is, and the flower/colors, it is, and that should narrow some of it down. the plate looks like a Murano glass design 🙂

That is why I was asking if the 2 lines on the bottom are raised. If they are it could be a partial Zimmerman mark, a raised Z. 

As far as I can tell, the OP hasn't returned.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Here is a Zimmerman. This one weighs over 10 lbs.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi. Check out Murano Latticino Italian Art Glass.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply