cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I kill crazy ants?

Good morning all,

It is spring and already I am fighting ants coming in the house. I am not sure of their real name, but they are tiny and when you get around them they scatter in all different directions. I think that they are called crazy ants or sugar ants. They are driving me crazy. I have used gel killer and they will gather around it and eat it, but in a couple of days more are back. Is their a product that you know of that is effective? Thanks in advance.
~ Nancy ~
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: How do I kill crazy ants?

Red ants dislikes aroma of turmaric powder ,you sprikle little turmaric power where you see them ,if used every week you can get rid of these ants forever.

Regards

Message 46 of 48
latest reply

Crazy ants are relatively new here in the South.

Reading tells me that they are attracted to electric fields around 120v+ connections.

Should thid not be occurring it is safe to assume you aren't having issue with crazy ants but another species.

Unfortunately much like Fire Ants,theCrazy Ants are here to stay therefore our only option is a program to manage them.

As of this past Spring I concluded a three year study of current ant killers and/or baits and found that  placing "bait" at 40' intervals around the outer edge of your perimeter and a very lite broadcast of the bait inside to kill exising colonies is most effective.

By placing the stations at intervals around your wire you draw in those from well outside your wire and create a cushion between your space and encroaching ant colonies.

I simply use empty cat litter pails that I've drilled  a few holes approximately 1" up from the bottom on the front and back just big enough for the ant to take a piece of bait.

I secure the pail to a tree or other permanent object and pour 1/4 cup of Amdro in the center space.

do not drill holes bigger than ants need to take bait from or you will have other insects making the pails a home/nest. Do not put morwe than 1/4 cup in pail at once,wait until it is all gone prior to adding more.

SEMPER FIDELIS

Travis

Message 47 of 48
latest reply

Don't ever use a bait type product near your dwelling,hence the word "BAIT".
Message 48 of 48
latest reply