cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Employee Designation

The addition of the eBay employee designation for replies by blues is a great addition, imo; however when a thread becomes quite long I would like to be able to cut to the chase and avoid all of the back and forth between posters and find/see the specific eBay employee replies.  Is there a way to achieve this by clicking on the eBay designation and having only the eBay replies shown?  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @hidy-hoo and @annadryl, I think this is an interesting suggestion. It would take some customization by Lithium, but I think it is possible.  

We'd also like to see the rate of Accepted Solutions increase, so we will be looking for ways to encourage Accepted Solutions, and to improve that experience.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@annadryl wrote:

Great idea! Sometimes a thread looks interesting but honestly I'm not going to wade through 176 posts (with some long quotes) to find an "official" reply. I don't think there are any shorcuts as of yet.

einstein@lithium?

Smiley Very Happy  

I forgot to do that...thanks for reminding me!  doug@ebay

I agree, ann...wading through upteendiddly posts when there are quite a few posters that will argue their point of view to death is time consuming, especially when I am just looking for the official answer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Great idea! Sometimes a thread looks interesting but honestly I'm not going to wade through 176 posts (with some long quotes) to find an "official" reply. I don't think there are any shorcuts as of yet.

einstein@lithium?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@annadryl wrote:

einstein@lithium?

Smiley Very Happy  

I agree, ann...wading through upteendiddly posts when there are quite a few posters that will argue their point of view to death is time consuming, especially when I am just looking for the official answer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thanks @hidy-hoo and @annadryl, I think this is an interesting suggestion. It would take some customization by Lithium, but I think it is possible.  

We'd also like to see the rate of Accepted Solutions increase, so we will be looking for ways to encourage Accepted Solutions, and to improve that experience.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@annadryl wrote:

einstein@lithium?

Smiley Very Happy  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, Doug!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

hidy, great idea!!!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

Did you notice that this thread is from last July? And that nothing has been done?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, no, I did not.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Related image

Just got finished reading the weekly chat and thought I would bump my post from July of 2017 regarding a clickable eBay logo for an eBay staff reply...would love to see this suggestion implemented!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@hidy-hoo this is still on the list of possible enhancements.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Related image

Just got finished reading the weekly chat and thought I would bump my post from July of 2017 regarding a clickable eBay logo for an eBay staff reply...would love to see this suggestion implemented!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I think this is an interesting idea in theory, but, if you look at some recent threads on the Selling board, for example, you'll see that the blues have posted several comments, each referencing a different question put forth by various posters. Wouldn't that be sort of odd to read if all the blues' comments were posted right under the OP?

It would be fine if one blue posted one "official" response to one OP's question. But when others start asking questions or tagging blues or whatever, it gets a little disjointed. Sometimes, the blue doesn't even respond to the OP--they respond to some question/tag way down the line in the thread. If that's the first post you read (after the OP), it wouldn't really be very helpful.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply