cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twighlightmanor calling mustangrockstar!!!

mustangrockstar:

Scrooge fan #1 calling Scrooge fan #2!! I know you're on eBay some-where cause you've out bid me in the past, on you know what!!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH! The ultimate of all ultimate, best of the best items! I want one sooooooooo bad. At least it went to a good home. (Oh and the other one that goes with it: I saw one for $185 at Amazon, you might want to check that out. It's been there a loooong time.)

If you find this thread---contact me---leave a message here, bring your friends, tell your wife to join in too.

I'm the only major Scrooge nut on this board, come and talk to me please!!!
Message 1 of 1,514
latest reply
1,513 REPLIES 1,513

HANK---

Here is the answer from my editor at Egmont...

I can assure you that the Disney Ducks have not been banned in Finland. They are still very much alive and kicking even in the midst of the Finnish tundra. So leave your worries behind and pay no mind to those wicked rumours about our animated friends.
Message 121 of 1,514
latest reply

I found a place to post "A Little Something Special"...it seems I talk about Scrooge so much that someone in Soapbox" started a Scrooge thread for me to crash at...how thoughtful of them! I wonder if they have any idea what they just did! ]:)

Well, I posted the picture, and now I'm told that the words contain referancs to prostitution....well hell Goldie was a saloon gal from Scrooge's honkey-tonk days...but boy, no wonder Disney went into histerics when the story went to print. Cool!
Message 122 of 1,514
latest reply

Ant--

Scrooge is related to donald duck how??

Yep, Donald is the son of Scrooge's sister, Huey, Dewy, and Louie are the sons of Donald's twin sister Della.

Now, I was asked a simalar question on a differant message board (not eBay), so I'll copy the question and the answer here for you.

the original question...

Thought I'd ask our duck expert if you had a copy of the family tree Barks was supposed to have made up?
Its supposed to have explained how both Donald AND his nephews had Scrooge as an uncle.

As far as I know there is only one copy of the Carl Barks Duck family tree and last I heard Don Rosa had it. However, Don Rosa did use it make a version of it that has been published and I do have a copy of that.

To answer your question. Donald has a twin sister, Della and she is H, D, + L's mother, and Scrooge is their great-uncle, because he is their mother's uncle. Donald's mother is Scrooge younger sister Hortense. However, Delle is said to but a bit dumb (thus she is called Dumbdella in some stories), and was not able to raise her three boys herself and one day when their father was in the hospital she sent them to live with her twin brother Donald, but for some unknown reason, she never went back to get them.

It should also be noted that several characters in Duckburg, related or not, call Scrooge "Uncle Scrooge" because he is one of the oldest people in Duckburg as well as the builder and founder of nearly every business in Duckburg, most call him Mr. McDuck though.

Scrooge came from a very poor family and had to go to work at age 10, he left home for America at age 13, thus he was never educated and had little contact with a family of any kind for most of his life. This resulted in his knowing so very much about everything he ever tried, but so very little about anything else, and is why we often see Scrooge dumbfounded by the simpleist of things. But more to the point, it also resulted in a bitter and very unhappy old man who learned that he was uncared for and unloved. Years of supporting his family, with no thanks in return made him feel unwanted and abbandoned by his family, and soon learned to hate everyone--especily family, because he now saw his family as people who only came to him to ask for money, and not people who cared to spend time with him.

Now, why I have said this, is because in one story the 3 boys are seen crying and telling Scrooge that they where abbandoned and that he and Donald are the only family they have. This "The Richest Duck in the World: Part 12 of Life and Times". This story is the sequal to Carl Barks' very first Scrooge story "Christmas on Bear Mountain". It takes place after the 4 nephews have left the cabin, but before they have gone to Scrooge's mansion for dinner on Christmas Day. In this story we see Scrooge's first contact with a family member in 25 years, and haveing never seen Donald or the boys he expects them to be like the rest of the family and so is ready to attack at the first mention of money~~~he does not expect to find 3 boys who like himself also feel unloved and unwanted by their own family, nor does he expect to find that Donald cares so much about children that aren't even his own. At their first meeting Scrooge is very defencive, but once he relizes that his nephew and grand-nephews are not after his money, we see Scrooge warm up to them and go on to become his dearest companions, and invited to travel the world with him. And so begins the adventures that are now classics in both comics and on TV.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There are 2 pictures here:

The first is from the story mentioned above, "Morning After Bear Mountain", by Don Rosa, shows Scrooge and the boys when they first meet.

The second is the "Donald Duck Family Tree", by Don Rosa, based on Carl Barks' family tree. In Don Rosa's notes, there are 3 mistakes on the family tree as Disney Corp. published it:

1) is a non-Barks character that Disney Corp required Rosa to add: Fethry Duck (seen next to Gladstone Gander). Don Rosa says that true Duck historians should scratch Fethry's face off the tree, because according to the Barks Universe, Whitewater was an only child.

2) is a character that Disney Corp. deleated from the family tree, which is Prof. Ludwig Von Drake; according to Don Rosa, Von Drake is married to Scrooge's sister Matilda and should be shown just to her right (on the left side of the picture, right next to Scrooge)

3) is that Gladstone Gander is not related to Scrooge and calls him Uncle to irritate Scrooge, but he is related to other ducks in the family

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

WOW! I'm being long-winded again, but almost done. This picture is quite large and didn't fit on my scanner, so I had to scan it in sections and than reduce the size and piece them back together on screen, which explains the lines you see on the picture here. By reducing it to fit the screen, you can't quite see the names, but I can type them up here if you can't read them and would like to make a record of them.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Message 123 of 1,514
latest reply

an added note---Because of the religion that Scrooge follows (Scrooge is not a Christian), he believes in re-incarnation and believes himselve to have been Malcome McDuck in a previous life. Does anyone know what religion Scrooge belong's too and who his God is?
Message 124 of 1,514
latest reply

antpicnic
Enthusiast
hey there! im reading/looking at that tree so I can look
at it...i had no idea! bb in a minute here...very
interesting - i do recall the huey duey lewie thing!
Message 125 of 1,514
latest reply

This isn't even the longest Scrooge sermon I've written either!
Message 127 of 1,514
latest reply

antpicnic
Enthusiast
ive got my homework for the week...
--
what new comics do you buy? I know the old
stuff and disney stuff...but the old old
stuff not too knowledable..
--
do you have a banks autograph? banks is creator right?
or is that a silly question but this is ebay, could
pop up right?
Message 128 of 1,514
latest reply

Ant---

no question is too silly
(I need to be careful what I say, I once said no question was to shocking,
and got questions about crossdressing, naked ducks, rape, and sex thrown at me) 😮

Cark Barks is a god...the Creator of my hero Scrooge!
(and by Mormon doctrin now that he's dead he really is a God too, so me being a Mormon..
I can call Carl Barks a God and get away with it! ]:))

May he rest in peace....:( 😞 :(...we all miss him
(I never got to meet him :()

I have no Carl Barks's signed anything 😞
...got Keno signed stuff though 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
(and that's even better!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 :))

New comics I buy..

Uncle Scrooge
all Scrooge related "specials"
Picsou
Super Picsou Geant

any Disney comic book of any title that has a Scrooge storie in it...
those include...

Walt Disney Comics and Stories
Donald Duck
Donald Duck Adentures
Donald Duck and Friends
plus others

i used to get other non-Disney comics too,
but the price of the new Disney comics is so high that I don't get too many non-Disney anymore

Non-Disney stuff...

Wonder Women
Batman (only the issues with the Joker)
ElfQuest
Justice League
Superman
Tales From the Crypt

Non-new stuff

everything I can get my hands on no matter what it is
Message 129 of 1,514
latest reply

antpicnic
Enthusiast
i hear ya about the questions...

i love the old wonder woman around 179-200 (old series)
where she ditched the costume and stuff..

I don't know too much about the new disney stuff as
its low ordered we dont get much...as far as I know
that stuff is printed on and off? have to check
previews magazine i guess...

but disney bought the defunct crossgen which is
totally amazing...out of the blue...i guess they have
some small printing co out of california? I LOVED
CROSSGEN...
--
you should see if a banks auto pops up sometime
on ebay..that would be cool...probably a fortune though...
Message 130 of 1,514
latest reply

ant-

Barks autographs have been known to sell at anywhere from
$5,000 to several million, depending on what the item is.
They don't show up very often, but they are around, and
I have seen them here on eBay.

There is a person here on eBay, who apparently has
unlimited funds and bids on almost every signed Scrooge
item, and wins most of them too...I don't know who this
person is but if they ever start bidding on anything
it is pointles to try to outbid them, and so I rarely bid
on signed items, because this person always bids on them.
Message 131 of 1,514
latest reply

ant--

New stuff in America is hard to find in stores and has to be ordered online for the most part...

"Uncle Scrooge" comes out monthly in America and weekly in most of the rest of the world.
Special issues are always coming out off and on.

Scrooge was banned in 1999 after Gladstone ran "A Little Something Special" and "War of the Wendigo"
2 stories that where not allowed in America, but published anyways
these were the last 2 issues made by Gladstone and though not rare,
are slightly harder to find as people who have them are not often willing to sell them

From 1999 until mid-2003 America had all Scrooge production stopped
and all comic book production stopped, Scrooge or otherwise
Than in 2003 Gemstone, took up where Gladstone left off, and the Disney comics
are one by one coming back..."The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" is
about to make it's American debut in book-bound form (it's never
before been released as one issue in America)

for more info on buying all issues from 2003 to present, and ordering new isses
go to...

http://www.gemstonepub.com/disney/

LOL! 🙂
Message 132 of 1,514
latest reply

eelkat, a couple of questions:

what was in those stories that caused Scrooge to be "banned" in the U.S.?

when you wrote that America had Scrooge production stopped from 1999 to 2003 you're referring specifically to Disney and not the U.S. government, right?
Message 133 of 1,514
latest reply

mordo---

Disney...yep...US government...no...Disney has some strange laws, and Don Rosa and Gladstone went over them in a protest.

"Wendigo", has absolutly nothing wrong with it, except that it potrayed Indians in a politically incorrect manner

"A Little Something Special" has lots of things wrong with it, a cameo of Prof Von Drake, naked Beagle Boys, an ad for Moxie, Flinty in the sewer, but this was the needle that back the camels back....(and in this case the camel was Gladstone Pub.)....and got Scrooge comics cancled...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 134 of 1,514
latest reply

now somebody pleeeeease tell me what is wrong with this picture????? I never had a problem with it, and as far as I know, no one else ever did either.
Message 135 of 1,514
latest reply