cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentic signature

is this a real vim baker autograph signature?

i found 1 match, but most are different, i know they may change the way to sign, i just cant confirm, i have 3 sets, signature match on all of them, different location on photosDSC03658.JPGDSC03659.JPGDSC03660.JPGDSC03661.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: authentic signature

Are these signatures original...in other words signed on the photo by Baker, or are they signatures pre-signed and printed with the photo?  No one here can authenticate the signatures for you in any case, but  the value of the photos if the signatures are original may not be enough to get a COA.  You can check the sold prices for his signed photos and other items and decide.    

Rita

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

im not looking for a authentication here, perhaps i was not clear, 

- yes,  i would like to know if baker actually touched this photo and signed himself

- like i mentioned, i noticed a lot other memorabilia signed by him in a different way, meaning by comparison this one does not match, but does anyone knows if that in fact is his signature and he changed the way he signs, i know it happens, im just not familiar with his, i found 1 match, i was wondering if someone can say that its his or not / forged, i dont want to get in trouble for selling fake.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@w9bill wrote:

im not looking for a authentication here, perhaps i was not clear, 

, i was wondering if someone can say that its his or not / forged, i dont want to get in trouble for selling fake.

That is the definition of authentification - determining whether a signature is fake/forged or authentic (signed by the person.)   

If this is a stock photo then the signature is likely Baker's but it's a photographed signature and not one he signed in person by hand.   No one here can confirm that the signature is or is not forged or that it is or is not a pre-printed signature on a stock photo.  Try looking at the photo and signature with a strong magnifier and see if you see regular tiny dark dots throughout including on the signature.  If you do, it's a mechanically reproduced photo with pre-printed signature which as I said, would likely be his signature. 

Rita

Message 4 of 4
latest reply