cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shreve & Co. Sterling Tea Pot

Anyone know the approximate year or decade this is from? It says sterling on the bottom but there are a couple small spots of discoloration (See close-up photo). It is 10 inches tall and has the 76380B on the bottom. Any information will be helpful.  Thank you. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Shreve & Co. Sterling Tea Pot

The liner isn't removable so I can't weigh it without the liner. It's back in storage now and didn't take more photos of the liner. I think you are correct about dating it at the time my Grandmother was married.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

"The liner isn't removable so I can't weigh it without the liner"

If it is marked sterling and the liner is part of the coffeepot, then it should be sterling. If you can't provide pictures, I can't help you further. Take it to a jeweler and explain it to them and ask them to test it. Good luck.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@eclecticloset wrote:

I think you are correct about dating it at the time my Grandmother was married.

I didn't date it at the time your Grandmother was married, or suggest it was a wedding gift. I positively dated it between 1912-1941. Beyond that, I suggested that the initials were most likely engraved at the time of sale. So if those are her married initials, it means she probably ordered it (or was given it) as a married lady. But she might have been five years married, or a dozen years married, or any number of years married at that point.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

teapot inside for ebay.jpg

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I found a picture of the inside of the coffee pot. Can you tell if it is sterling or removable? Thank you!

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I just posted a picture of the inside.  Thank you again for your help.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply