cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID military medals on jacket. It's for sale in a thrift.

medals a.jpgA military jacket with no labels inside was donated to a thrift just before I arrived.  I'm curious about the medals on it, might go back and buy it.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please help ID military medals on jacket. It's for sale in a thrift.

My husband, a navy veteran, says those are naval aviator wings, a bunch of ribbons you can look up online, and three weird ribbons of which he has never seen the like. Their positioning on the jacket looks like someone pinned them on haphazardly.
Janet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

My husband, a navy veteran, says those are naval aviator wings, a bunch of ribbons you can look up online, and three weird ribbons of which he has never seen the like. Their positioning on the jacket looks like someone pinned them on haphazardly.
Janet
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

An excellent summary. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

He seems to have been awarded a bronze medally thing, a silver medally thing and a gold medally thing. I would love to know what they are.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

He seems to have been awarded a bronze medally thing, a silver medally thing and a gold medally thing. I would love to know what they are.

I think someone at the thrift shop remembered seeing those in a box of oddments behind the counter, pulled them out, and pinned them on the jacket.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@argon38 wrote:

I think someone at the thrift shop remembered seeing those in a box of oddments behind the counter, pulled them out, and pinned them on the jacket.  

They're remarkably unmilitary-looking, to be sure. But I'd still like to know what they are.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

They're remarkably unmilitary-looking, to be sure. But I'd still like to know what they are.

Beats me:  Above, double B, one facing forward and one facing backward.  Below, double C, overlapping, one facing forward and the other facing backward.  The two elements joined by a thin T or cross, extending between the two letter Bs and through the Cs. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you all!

I'm a little relieved to hear the odd three aren't military, they didn't come up in any search and the cross seems religious.  They were definitely on the jacket when it was donated, but who knows how they got there.  

I'm not going back to rescue the jacket, it'll just sit in my house for a year and then end up at the same thrift.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

A close up in case anyone's really curious.A close up in case anyone's really curious.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply