cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS THIS A RARE FENTON CARNIVAL GLASS? THERE IS NO IDENTIFICATION.

Hello Everyone!

Could this be a rare Fenton Carnival Glass? There are no identification marks. Around the inside, bottom part, one sees rubbing wear on the glass. By this, could one assume that this piece is old? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you All. DSCN3592.JPGDSCN3593.JPGDSCN3594.JPGDSCN3595.JPGDSCN4629.JPGDSCN4630.JPGDSCN4631.JPGDSCN4632.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Pattern seems awfully simple for Fenton or Northwood to me. My gut says LE Smith but I am not an expert by any means, just a Fenton fan. You might try looking for a list of their patterns. Also I think it would be considered opalescent because of the edge.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Here is a very comprehensive pattern list from many makers. You could try clicking until you find it. You can go to the home page of this site for other search ideas.   http://www.ddoty.com/patternsrev.html

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is funny! My name is Doty. Sorry to know it is not a rare Fenton but very happy that you have introduced me to this wonderful site. Many many thanks.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What a coincidence! Don't completely write it off on my word, I am not an expert! I did a lot of looking last night though for your pattern and was liking Dugan in Peach Opalescent for the maker better but I could not confirm that. Have fun, I have been down that rabbit hole before trying to ID a piece of carnival. Their is a group here, I knew I had the link, just took me a while to find it. This is the glass board and they can likely help!!!   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Pottery-Glass-Porcelain/bd-p/275

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

My Lord, this is so nice of you! I cannot thank you enough for all your trouble. I will go to the board you indicated and try to find something. I shall be back and let you know if I do find something. Best wishes!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply