cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old store price tag boxed set

I have 2 sets of Franklin Manufacturing Corp. store price tags or as the box says price tickets. These are small. More for jewelry display maybe . But denominations go from .50 to $1000. The best I could find is that he started 

a hot stamp machine company back during the depression after he had a jewelry shop. I can find no information on other products produced by him. Any information would be of great help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@stonewallce wrote:
The best I could find is that he started 

a hot stamp machine company back during the depression after he had a jewelry shop. I can find no information on other products produced by him. Any information would be of great help

There's a detailed history of the company here:

http://franklinhotstamp.com/History/FranklinStory.aspx

Some of their products that have sold on eBay:

https://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?query=franklin+manufacturing+norwood+-mint+-book+-bunny+...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, that case appears to be the same. Wonder what they were asking.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You're welcome. I don't have a Worthpoint account either, so I'm afraid I can't be of any help re. the prices.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Given 3-letter state code and lack of zip code, going to be pre-1963 but likely not by much as zip code added while box still full-ish.   Are the notations written with fountain  or ball point pen?

Debora

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, the box itself is pre-1963.  But someone added the Zip Code (02062) and it's hard to say, isn't it, if that was someone at the factory, or a salesman for the company, or someone who owned the set and added the street address and zip just for reference.  

Another oddity is that, like OP, I couldn't find any refererence anywhere to the company ever making anything like this -- and, yet, here it is!  And Argon found another one.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It’s written with ballpoint.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply