cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help locating the wood cradel that holds the thermometer on a vertical vintage thermometer.

Need help locating the wood piece that attaches to the back side of a vertical thermometer.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Need help locating the wood cradel that holds the thermometer on a vertical vintage thermometer.

I don't see a photo of the thermometer.

Rita

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Re: Need help locating the wood cradel that holds the thermometer on a vertical vintage thermometer.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Can you see what you posted? From what I see it's about 1/2"  x 1" too small to clearly see it. Try resizing the original photo before you upload.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Absolutely impossible to see a thing from the photo, and I'm having difficulty visualising the piece from your description. Are you looking to find a replacement for the part? Because it doesn't seem to me that it's the sort of object you'd expect to find sold separately.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

Absolutely impossible to see a thing from the photo, and I'm having difficulty visualising the piece from your description. Are you looking to find a replacement for the part? Because it doesn't seem to me that it's the sort of object you'd expect to find sold separately.

Probably something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Wood-Indoor-Window-Thermometer/dp/B00QHXOAVY/ref=sr_1_21_mod_primary_new?c=ts...

I think you're right that the wood piece would not be sold separately.

Rita

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Yea. I can see it fine.therm.jpg

I hope I did it correctly.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Negative on that one.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

therm.jpg

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

That's better, I think you will have to cut a new piece or buy another complete one and rob from it to fix yours. Are you sure that is a vintage piece? Looks recent to me.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

That is a sample picture of what I do need.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Got it. Can you show pics of front and back of yours so we might track down exactly what it is you are looking for?

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@99yardman wrote:

That is a sample picture of what I do need.

Ahh, now it all makes sense. So you're basically just looking for any old back hanger attachment that you can use to hang your thermometer on a nail.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I think what he is looking for is the wood back piece that holds just the back-piece while the holes at the top and bottom will work for hanging said thermometer on a wall. That wood piece is to protect the fragile glass thermometer.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply