cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help locating the wood cradel that holds the thermometer on a vertical vintage thermometer.

Need help locating the wood piece that attaches to the back side of a vertical thermometer.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Need help locating the wood cradel that holds the thermometer on a vertical vintage thermometer.

I am wondering if that wood part holds the thermometer part  to the face plate?  In that case, still would need to make one. For hanging, that's what the holes are for top and bottom. 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Need help locating the wood cradel that holds the thermometer on a vertical vintage thermometer.

You are both right about the hanging issue, I am so confused by this thread I shouldn't even have commented.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

The thermometer is recessed, so when placed up against the metal hole on the other side, you can read it from the front (see below)therm1.JPGtherm2.JPG

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

When I was a kid in Ohio we had Mail Pouch painted on the end of the barn.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

It would seem to me that the chances of finding just what you want, something exactly the right fit for your particular thermometer, are slim.

You might look at the zillions of reproductions out there, to see if you can find a match to buy and cannibalize.  (Probably not feasible if you're trying to fix this up for resale.)

Or someone with a piece of wood and a Dremel could make it for you in 20 minutes.   If you don't have a friend with a Dremel, talk to someone at a place that makes custom wooden signs, as they'd have the right tools.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

The first picture of what @99yardman wanted:

image.png

What he really needs:

image.png

I agree with @maxine*j

Some pine, SPF or balsa wood, a dremel tool , and some double-sided tape, and you can make exactly what you need.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I had an idea like that but it never caught on I guess.

"..., I think you will have to cut a new piece or buy another complete one and rob from it to fix yours. "

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

I had an idea like that but it never caught on I guess.

"..., I think you will have to cut a new piece or buy another complete one and rob from it to fix yours. "

And you were willing to say that before OP provided pictures or a description that gave even the slightest clue as to what in the world he's looking for.   Prescient, that.   😃

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

What can I say, I had a vision. Or some venison, it's that time of year!

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

They were not the only one that figured it out. 🙂

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@redmodelt wrote:

They were not the only one that figured it out. 🙂

Ah, but priority is everything...

Message 26 of 26
latest reply