cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to find out the artist on this minature painting

I would like to know as much as possible about this minature painting.  I know the frame is arts and craft style.  Does anyone recognize the signature?frame.jpgdetail.jpgdetail (2).jpgback.jpgback writting.jpg  Also the back has what looks news print but it is in a foreign language.  I found it at an estate sale and don't know a thing about it.  I would like to list it on Ebay so any suggestions on pricing would also be helpful.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Looking to find out the artist on this minature painting

Gosh, I haven't said a word about what I think it is, or how old I think it is, or anything else.  Someone was interested in flags.  I gave some info.  I'm sorry.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

Gosh, I haven't said a word about what I think it is, or how old I think it is, or anything else.  Someone was interested in flags.  I gave some info.  I'm sorry.

I don't think afantiques was responding to your post directly, just giving useful information to the OP. This thing about transferring old book pages to the backs of modern pictures isn't something I'd heard of before and I find it quite interesting. It's still possible that the picture is based on a genuine old painting, so our flag research hopefully isn't wasted...

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

"Maybe my comments were irrelevant." I comments are intended for OP only. I do not comment other participants ideas.  This is a brainstorming session, as I view it, and people just throw their ideas in. It's up to the OP what to do with them and how to interpret those ideas.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@vladbike11 wrote:

"Maybe my comments were irrelevant." I comments are intended for OP only. I do not comment other participants ideas.  This is a brainstorming session, as I view it, and people just throw their ideas in. It's up to the OP what to do with them and how to interpret those ideas.

I've found that it's best to click on the Reply button on the questioner's original post when you want to give general information. Using the Reply button on the post before your own is quicker, but it can lead to misunderstandings when people think you're responding directly to them.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

OK.  Thank you for letting me know.  I'm recent on this forum and haven't noticed that my answers go as a reply to another participant's post.  Sorry if anybody got offended by that.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

Many (most) OPs come here without a clue about what they are asking about. To dismiss the contributions of "other participants ideas" defeats the entire purpose of these boards. Maybe you are used to working alone (which can have benefits) but it seems much more progress is had from many knowledable contributors.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Thank you all for the comments.  Conclusion is that it is a fake with Swedish Biblical paper on the back and in a baroque frame probably made in the 80's by possibly a chinese reproduction artist. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply