cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Karl E. Nilsen signed etchings

Does anyone have any knowledge about Karl E. Nilsen signed etchings, and drawings.  I have two along with an advertisement for his art showing in Germany?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Karl E. Nilsen signed etchings

Karl E. (Kalle) Nilsen (1945-2011) was a Norwegian printmaker, draughtsman, illustrator, sculptor and painter. His works are to be found in the collections of the Norwegian National Gallery, The Norwegian National Bank, The Norwegian National Library, the national Whaling Museum and other collections.

You might try contacting these Institutions for more information.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for responding, this is what we have

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Oslo is the capital of Norway.  Your poster is announcing an exhibition of the artist's work in that country.

Debora

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks folks

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have sent an email to the museum in Norway to see if they can add anything. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Just received a response from the Museum in Norway.  They said I need to contact an Art Dealer or Sotheby's to determine the value.  They cannot assist with the items.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I have sent photos of items to Sotheby's, Christies and Bonhams. They replied promptly and when I consigned a piece, the authentication is included. When you get into high end art, they are the professionals. They may be slower, snobbier and more expensive, but they know their stuff.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thank you Janet, I didn't want a  value on it, I merely didn't know what I had.  Guess I will try Sothebys...Would be nice to hit a homerun on this one.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Nothing yet, I have sent these images to several auction houses,,,

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Karl E. Nilsen was my late husband. I can confirm that the prints you display is his work. You can contact me on this site https://www.facebook.com/KalleNilsenBilledkunst/ which I set up for his work. I live in Oslo.  

Kari

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/KalleNilsenBilledkunst/

I was able to view her link with this link.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for correcting the link. Anyone interested in Karl Erik Nilsen's art, can contact me on Facebook. Or view some more images in the catalogue I made for a memorial exhibition in Oslo.  

Kari 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The works of Karl E. Nilsen are rarely sold on auctions, therefore the action firms have no history of valuing his works. But if you want to ask someone who is familiar with his works about the artistic value of them, you could contact Anders Elvestad at art dealer Blomqvist in Oslo. He will be able to answer your questions. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply