cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Redware plate that I'd like to have more info on..

Hi, I believe this is called Redware.  Also, is it correct that the white grapes is from slip.  I'm trying to ID this which used to be easier 10ish years ago.  I'd love to know approx age, and key words to look up, and/or approx value, also the signature.  Thanks very much.. OMG.. too large.. can you tell me what i might have done wrong.  vintagegenie7 16 2017 083.JPG7 16 2017 084.JPG7 16 2017 085.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I have a Redware plate that I'd like to have more info on..

Chi Rho Craft.  Well, Chi Rho is Christian symbolism (a christogram), for whatever that is worth to you in searching for the maker.

images.jpeg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Interestingly odd.  Thank you for that.  The company is Craft * I do believe that Craft is using that symbol.  I found it years ago, but never wrote it down.  Those were the days when the information was so much easier.  
I appreciate the lead... The REDWARE was very popular.  It seems the bottom has dropped out of so much these days.  Do you find this to be true.  The demographic collecting has changed.  Giving my age here... 😄

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Young people collect very little except that which can be stored in the cloud via their smart-phones, tablets, and laptops.  They move frequently and live in small, often shared, spaces.  All the stuff their parents accumulated / collected is as nothing to them. 

And, yes, I know I am generalizing.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

By the way, I'm not insisting that's Chi Rho Craft.  It might be X P Craft or P X Craft or something else altogether, but Chi Rho is what my eye and brain said first.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Actually, great observation.  This is what is happening to them... they don't have space.  
I can't argue with that.  I was a treasure hunter but not good at business.  I thought someday I'll be able to sell this stuff, give some away, enjoy some.. share.. whatever, now it's become, I must sort through it, evaluate, and make decisions.

I did some research and nothing comes up under this company that I seem to remember goes under the name of Craft... I see the symbology which, thanks for, since I didn't know its name.  I thought for sure it was Redware and slip used for the decorations.  I've seen and sold some years ago.  I'll await others to possibly recognize this.  I've searched ID's for pottery.  Nothing yet,  Thanks.. for the conversation.. The people with the income, young ones living in cities, anything like are for sure are paying a lot to live.. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply