cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOUDA 24" tall vase. The mark is for 1930. Anyone know about the JAB mark? THANKS!

IMG_0979.jpgIMG_0978.jpg

A recent acquisition and was able to find some info but not one hit for JAB. I am trying to find out the value & not sure if that is a factory, a shape or an artist (or something else) Plazuid is the word under Gouda. Thanks for any direction, help or info!!!

THIRTY-FIRST STREET VINTAGE
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: GOUDA 24" tall vase. The mark is for 1930. Anyone know about the JAB mark? THANKS!

You might find this page helpful. I think "JAB" is the decor/pattern name:

http://www.goudadesign.co.uk/marks.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: GOUDA 24" tall vase. The mark is for 1930. Anyone know about the JAB mark? THANKS!

Thanks so much! Yes, I looked at that website and was helpful but didn't see a JAB piece.
THIRTY-FIRST STREET VINTAGE
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@madmom000 wrote:
Thanks so much! Yes, I looked at that website and was helpful but didn't see a JAB piece.

Yes, it might be difficult to track down. I see there's a notice on the site which says "Please note: the site does not contain a list of all the decors. Zuid-Holland and the other Dutch pottery factories had many hundreds between them. If your decor is not here, it does not mean it is rare or a fake. We can't show you all of them!"

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That is a gorgeous piece! The JAB is the decor name. I have not seen that 1 yet. The artist initials are to the right beside the house mark--looks like a CA to me. The house mark is for the PZH factory in Gouda. This piece is probably worth a pretty penny due to the rare decor & size of the vase. gina

Message 5 of 5
latest reply