cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify this fraternity pin?

Hello, Can anyone identify this pin? It's got Greek lettering in gold over blue enamel. There are 2 small pearls embedded in it. It's stamped LGB 10K on the back. The letters appear to be alpha, sigma, pi, phi. However, I don't know for sure. It belonged to my dad, who went to Temple University in Philadelphia in the mid to late 1950s. I can't find any fraternity by that name. Any info would be most appreciated. Thank you.pin.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can anyone identify this fraternity pin?

I was Greek in college and I'd be hard pressed to identify those as letters from the Greek alphabet.  It wouldn't have had to be a national fraternity; could have been any type of student organization.   And the design almost looks atomic.  What was your father's major?  Do you know where his academic interests lay?  His extra-curricular interests?

Debora

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi, my dad was a dentist. I don't believe he was involved in anything atomic. I thought it almost looked like something having to do with the space industry, but he was never involved in that.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It looks like lower case alpha, sigma, pi.  Is that a asp snake at the bottom?  Could it be a pin to mock fraternities?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Don't know what your purpose is but a vintage Temple University yearbook is likely to hold the answer.  Perhaps a school library may be able to help you.  You can always ask.

https://library.temple.edu/asktulibraries

Debora

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Looks like an academic or school club pin with the key on the bottom .

Patd

Message 6 of 6
latest reply