cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these wine glasses Tiffany?

Only one out of eight wine glasses has a Tiffany label, but there is an etched "T" at the bottom of the stem.  Does anyone recognize these "Made in Brazil" wine glasses?  Are they Tiffany?  Thank you.tiffany1.jpg

tiffany2.jpg

tiffany1.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Are these wine glasses Tiffany?

@mar7479 wrote:

Only one out of eight wine glasses has a Tiffany label, but there is an etched "T" at the bottom of the stem.  Does anyone recognize these "Made in Brazil" wine glasses?  Are they Tiffany?  Thank you.

I'm not sure what your question is.  The label says, "TIffany & Co.  Made in Brazil."  Do you think the label is not original to the glass?  Tiffany & Co.  makes all sorts of glassware and barware, imported from different countries.  )There isn't much Tiffany & Co. doesn't sell these days, for that matter.)  You may find yours, or similar ones, here:

https://www.tiffany.com/

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your interest in helping me again.  I think it probably is a Tiffany glass, particularly with the etched T on the bottom.  I guess I was asking if Tiffany always leaves a permanent identification mark on their items, particularly glass.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mar7479 wrote:

Thank you for your interest in helping me again.  I think it probably is a Tiffany glass, particularly with the etched T on the bottom.  I guess I was asking if Tiffany always leaves a permanent identification mark on their items, particularly glass.

I can only say that I would  assume  so since, after all, it's really the name they're selling.  At least 25  years ago they moved to mass merchandising, expanding enormously what they sell and how they sell it -- so more ever, the name's the thing.

Still, I can't say for sure that they mark everything or, if they do, how they mark it.  I hope someone more knowledgeable comes along with an answer for you.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You could also check on Replacements, would not show a mark but might have a sample to compare, date & pattern name. Good luck~
Message 6 of 6
latest reply