cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22" pointers

I have 2 pointer sticks approx. 22" long that have what looks to be brass points.  They are made of wood and have inlay.  Can anyone give me any information about them?20170820_160739_resized.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: 22" pointers

Swagger sticks, I'd say.  You can Google that, and also search eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

I identified these as swagger sticks on the OP's other thread, gave her Google links, eBay links, the whole nine yards.  Guess she didn't like the answer.  What a waste of time.  I really am going to have to stay away from this place.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@argon38 wrote:

I identified these as swagger sticks on the OP's other thread, gave her Google links, the whole nine yards.  What a waste of time.  I really am going to have to stay away from this place.

I know, I just copied and pasted the first line of your reply.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you argon for your quick answer...I'm not sure what Maxine is talking about. I hadn't even seen the reply yet.  

I checked Ebay, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found there...on to Google.

Thanks again!

Dazzlejoy

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@dazzlejoy1038 wrote:

Thank you argon for your quick answer...I'm not sure what Maxine is talking about. I hadn't even seen the reply yet. 

It was Maxine who gave the answer in your original thread - I just copied her solution:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/I-have-two-old-wooden-sticks-that-I-cannot-identify/m-...

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hmm... I'm pretty sure these might maybe possibly be from Ollivander's in Diagon Alley. Missing their boxes. Hard to know if they work. If you hold in your hand and wiggle up and down, can you make drawers open, furniture move; that sort of thing?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

i think that those are the sharp sticks in the eye...everyone always talks about.

i don't know

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Can't remember if I saw that in a movie or real life while at Hogwarts for classes. If it's real you can actually move furniture about with them;  take/upload a video for your listing.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

Hmm... I'm pretty sure these might maybe possibly be from Ollivander's in Diagon Alley. Missing their boxes. Hard to know if they work. If you hold in your hand and wiggle up and down, can you make drawers open, furniture move; that sort of thing?

Too late! It's been solved - by ME. And only BY ME!!! Let none attempt to deprive me of my well-earned laurels. I intend to bask in the glory of MY solution FOREVER.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Nope, ebay is tweaking the "Helpfuls" and we are all at risk. It's like Bit.coi... but for the message boards.. I just unsbscribed to two boards I never suscribed to!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

Too late! It's been solved - by ME. And only BY ME!!! Let none attempt to deprive me of my well-earned laurels. I intend to bask in the glory of MY solution FOREVER.

Well, so much for being a noble gas.

Smiley LOL    Smiley LOL  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply